Please pray for a miracle (spiritual and physical)

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Please pray for a miracle (spiritual and physical)

Post by Maria »

Please pray for me.

I have a brain aneurysm in the basilar artery near CNV (Facial Nerve). This aneurysm is increasing in size as I have been experiencing "vascular loop syndromes" which include headaches, dizziness, and pain and fulness in the ear.

Surgery is not an option.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Please pray for a miracle (spiritual and physical)

Post by Barbara »

What, Maria ???
[I didn't see this -- ]
can you explain more?

When did you find out and what does this actually mean ?

How are you feeling about this news ?

Did this come out of the blue ? Did you go in for tests due
to some symptom?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

What, Maria ???
[I didn't see this -- ]
can you explain more?

When did you find out and what does this actually mean ?

How are you feeling about this news ?

Did this come out of the blue ? Did you go in for tests due
to some symptom?

I found out about this in February 2011. The neurologist whom I had initially consulted just said, "Cut the CN5"; here is a referral to a neurosurgeon. I did not follow his recommendation as that procedure would have left me severely disabled or most likely dead as that surgery is too risky. Neuro-otologists are better trained when it comes to inner ear and Facial Nerve disorders. To help alleviate symptoms, I have been taking bioflavonoids at the recommendation of my neuro-otologist.

I will consult with my neuro-otologist this Friday. Please pray for me as I apparently have developed an ear infection.

Since women are far more likely to develop a brain aneurysm than men, it is imperative that they eat foods rich in bioflavonoids like lemon rinds, etc. I enjoy the rinds of Meyer's Lemons as they are sweeter than the regular lemons.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh goodness !

I actually remember the daughter of family friends had one too, back in high school. It sounded so scary !
She recovered and is still incredibly active in outdoor sports, so I guess it doesn't have to be so terrible.

Sorry about the ear infection. Owwww ! Those can HURT !
What about putting a Q-tip with Organic Lavender oil on it and swabbing the inside of BOTH ears ??
As well as nose too for good safety measure.

I bet that would take care of a lot of the pain.

This sounds so distressing.

I had to smile at one thing though, about the lemons !
I had just gone to the kitchen to think about this and boil some water for tea and found myself drawn to the organic lemon
I had just brought up from downstairs. So I took off the label - it wasn't a Meyer, but it was a Purity ! - and sliced it, pondering all this drastic info !

I am glad you told us = don't please suffer in silence.

Be sure to let us know what happens Friday and any other thoughts you may have about this.
I am wondering where the Facial Nerve is - does it connect to the ear ?!

frphoti
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC Kallinikos

Post by frphoti »

Maria,

We have added a few petitions to the Litany of fervent supplication for you here in Bakersfield. May God have mercy on you and may His will be done.

Fr. Photios

Truly, if the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father is perfect, then that from the Son is superfluous.
St. Photios the Great

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Amen, dear Maria, I too will pray for your healing. I have been remembering your illness daily in my prayers and was wondering how you were getting on.

Symeon

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

I have good news.

My neuro-otologist at the House Institute here in Los Angeles told me that I do not need further MRI studies at this time as his recommended dose of bioflavonoids is strengthening my artery. How many people fail to heed their doctors' simple recommendation?

I thank God for leading me to this doctor. Incredibly, it was my graduate studies in linguistics, which exposed me to the work of the House Institute. The House Institute, adjacent to St. Vincent Medical Center in Los Angeles, is world famous for its work with the deaf and the hard-of-hearing, and for those suffering from facial nerve and speech disorders.

My current problem is TMJ (surprise)! The TMJ inflammation is causing radiating jaw pain that mimics ear and tooth infections and can trigger episodes of dizziness. My doctor recommended physical therapy, special exercises, warm compresses, and anti-inflammatory supplementation.

I am also suffering from occasional migraines (slight headaches) which are also contributing to my dizziness.

Glory to Jesus Christ. Glory to Him forever!