Miscarriage

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
IXOYE

Miscarriage

Post by IXOYE »

Please pray for Jamie, a non-orthodox woman that recently had a miscarriage. She needs spiritual healing and enlightenment.

Thank you very much!

Martha
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Chrysostomos II

Re: Miscarriage

Post by Martha »

Lord, have mercy!

Catherine5

Post by Catherine5 »

I noticed this posting, but I wasn't sure what to say in consolation.
Is Jamie a spiritual type of person, or not?
I know from hearing other people's stories that it is probably so traumatic that someone who has not gone through that loss could not possibly understand the grief caused - especially when the woman has experienced more than one miscarriage.
Please let us know any pertinent information and how she is faring.
Without a spiritual background, it could cause a person to go into a deep despondency which could take months to get out of and do much damage to others around her too. Is she married?

Maybe we all need to on some thread discuss that depression phenomenon and remedies for it.
It's impossible to ignore in the world, as it afflicts SO many people today in ALL countries.

IXOYE

Post by IXOYE »

I was going to respond earlier however after contacting Jamie yesterday I found that she is not doing well at all. I had thought she seemed to be better. She keeps having memories about this and it is not good.

Jamie does consider herself religious. Though sometimes even with faith it is hard to be comforted.

Thank you to everyone that has prayed for Jamie.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

IXOYE wrote:

I was going to respond earlier however after contacting Jamie yesterday I found that she is not doing well at all. I had thought she seemed to be better. She keeps having memories about this and it is not good.

Jamie does consider herself religious. Though sometimes even with faith it is hard to be comforted.

Thank you to everyone that has prayed for Jamie.

My prayers.

Is Jamie better now!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes ! Any updates from IKOYE ?