Help Finding Prayer Rope

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
landonjd13

Help Finding Prayer Rope

Post by landonjd13 »

Hello everyone,

I am new to Orthodoxy coming from Catholicism. But I have always had a desire to pray and devote myself to the Jesus prayer. I have a prayer rope but it is poorly made, and I just desire a new prayer rope.

Can anyone help me find a new 100 knot prayer rope. I would even take a used and well-loved prayer ropes as well. I just desire to adopt this into my prayer life so much.

I know I should just use the prayer rope I have and not be caught up in materialism of the actual rope in my hand, but I just desire one to use for many years to come.

I am a college student so that means I'm on a very tight budget so $20 is my maximum that I would really be able to pay.

May God be with you all.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Help Finding Prayer Rope

Post by Maria »

Welcome to Orthodoxy.

I do not have a traditional prayer rope, but I have some books that I might be able to send you.
Please send me a PM.

In the meantime, you can use a Catholic rosary to pray the Jesus Prayer.
When I was a Catholic looking into Orthodoxy, until I could get a prayer rope, the Orthodox priest suggested that I pray the Jesus Prayer on the Hail Mary beads, and then pray, "Most Holy Theotokos save us" on the Our Father beads.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Help Finding Prayer Rope

Post by Matthew »

Hello LandonJD13,
The cheapest but well made ones I have found that only charge 1 dollar for shipping in North America are found here: http://www.chotki.com
Their 50-knot is 20 dollars. It is not quite the 100-knot you wanted, but it is quite a nicely made one and also in your price range. Their 100-knot is 30 dollars. The other place where you can order a new 100-knot prayer rope is from Nioras and they only charge 14 dollars. I have ordered from them before very recently and they are very prompt. Once the order is rung through it usually ships the next day, and arrives within 7 business days or so. See here for that option: http://nioras.com/product_info.php/pray ... ts-p-70023
I hope this meets your needs.