RTOC Fr. Anatoly Trepatschko has Reposed in the Lord

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
сынок

RTOC Fr. Anatoly Trepatschko has Reposed in the Lord

Post by сынок »

Dear Friends,

Protopriest Fr. Anatoly Trepatschko peacefully reposed in the Lord Monday, July 20th 2015 at approximately 2:00pm.

Church of the Assumption, Stafford, VA
The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia - Under the Omophor of His Grace, Bishop STEFAN of Trenton and North America
Member of the RTOC Synod of Bishop

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: RTOC Fr. Anatoly Trepatschko has Reposed in the Lord

Post by Maria »

Memory eternal.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh NO ! Very sad !! Condolences to his son and family. It's fortunate it was a peaceful repose ; that is consoling for all.

Eternal memory !

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Memory eternal!

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

сынок

Post by сынок »

For those of you who will and can remember, it is our 'duty' as Eastern Orthodox (or maybe that's just for Russian Orthodox ??? I don't know) to pray heavily for the reposed on the 3rd, 9th and 40th day. The 9th day of repose will be here Tuesday the 28th as Fr. Trespatschko reposed in the Lord around 2pm on Monday 20th.
Can someone confirm my 9th day count please? Being that the hour of repose was after the first 12 hours of the day, it confuses me a bit.

In Christ
сынок

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

сынок wrote:

For those of you who will and can remember, it is our 'duty' as Eastern Orthodox (or maybe that's just for Russian Orthodox ??? I don't know) to pray heavily for the reposed on the 3rd, 9th and 40th day. The 9th day of repose will be here Tuesday the 28th as Fr. Trespatschko reposed in the Lord around 2pm on Monday 20th.
Can someone confirm my 9th day count please? Being that the hour of repose was after the first 12 hours of the day, it confuses me a bit.

In Christ
сынок

It is the tradition in Orthodoxy to pray the entire Psalter for the newly reposed starting with the announcement of death.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.