Prayer for my uncle

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: Prayer for my uncle

Post by Jean-Serge »

Maria wrote:

Were you able to talk with him about Orthodoxy before he died?

No, I had no direct contact with him, only with his father i.e my grandfather from whom I got the news of the sickness some days ago; I met him once in 1988, ages ago, when I traveled there and stayed there during 2 months. He was not that older than me, maybe 6-7 years older in fact, so we spent the whole holidays playing football with other kids.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge wrote:
Maria wrote:

Were you able to talk with him about Orthodoxy before he died?

No, I had no direct contact with him, only with his father i.e my grandfather from whom I got the news of the sickness some days ago; I met him once in 1988, ages ago, when I traveled there and stayed there during 2 months. He was not that older than me, maybe 6-7 years older in fact, so we spent the whole holidays playing football with other kids.

Lord have mercy.

May his memory be eternal.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Well maybe it's merciful that this terrible-sounding disease progressed rapidly, thus a very short time of suffering.

Maria, really ? The 2 diseases are related, and a new form of TB has been isolated recently ? I imagined it was all stamped out. I think of Saints who died of tuberculosis, but in the 1800s at the latest.

I am glad to hear Jean-Serge is not distraught but is still posting here and he sounds calm. Admirable !