Prayer for my father

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: Prayer for my father

Post by Jean-Serge »

Medically speaking, and this is an indication for everybody, a mini-stroke indicates a great risk of real stroke in the next year following the mini-stroke. So, it is an invitation to be really cautious and careful. Thank you again for your prayers.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Lord have mercy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Jean-Serge,
Then you have to be very vigilant in prayer and observation of your father during 2015.
Is it true, then, that if a year passes and there is no reoccurrence, or worse, a full stroke, then your father
is out of the woods ?

And what causes a stroke to begin with ? I am not clear about that, except something to do with blood
pressure ?

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Oh, I forgot entirely to answer. Mini-stroke was due to high blood pressure, that one explained by age and also stress at this moment. Now blood pressure is OK. This week, he will have a pacemaker put because the number of heart pulsation is too low now, maybe due to the treatment against high blood pressure. Thank you again for your prayers.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge wrote:

Oh, I forgot entirely to answer. Mini-stroke was due to high blood pressure, that one explained by age and also stress at this moment. Now blood pressure is OK. This week, he will have a pacemaker put because the number of heart pulsation is too low now, maybe due to the treatment against high blood pressure. Thank you again for your prayers.

Lord have mercy.

Please keep us updated.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks for letting us know, Jean-Serge. It's great that his blood pressure has returned to normal.
What about giving him Red Pepper instead of the other stuff ? This wonderful herb would NOT damage anything.
But instead strengthen his system so as to prevent a major problem developing.
I know this suggestion will not be accepted, but why not consider it for your ailing father ?

I echo Maria to let us know as - hopefully - he returns to perfect health.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Thank you for your concern. The pacemaker was successfully put; I did not know about red pepper; now, he is trying earthing(connection to the earth) which is supposed to improve things and is indeed n general beneficial.