Prayer for my father

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Prayer for my father

Post by Jean-Serge »

Please for my father who had this Monday what seems to be a small stroke (cerebrovascular accident) and is currently in hospital, aware and with the capacity to walk, talk quite normally but with blood pressure high.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Prayer for my father

Post by Maria »

Lord have mercy.
Most Holy Theotokos, save us.

Keep us updated.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Very sorry to hear about that ! How alarming indeed. Was he at all at risk for this ? Or it was a sudden onset ?
Either way, I am sure you must be devastated. Please do let us know, Jean-Serge, of any word on his condition.

Handmaiden50
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOAA

Post by Handmaiden50 »

Lord, have mercy!

"Oh Christ my Savior, save me whether I want it or not! Come quickly, hurry, for I perish!"

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Thank you to all. Here is an update. From the description of the symptoms that were made, it looks like a mini-stroke, as I said, he can walk, speak, find his words quite easily now and is getting better. He will stay at hospital for observation one more week. That is true that his blood pressure has been high for a long time. But at the same time, the analysis have still not officially concluded it was a mini-stroke. The doctors (that are many from different domains, cardiologist, general medicine, neurology etc) are giving a treatment to lower the blood pressure in particular and make the blood more fluid. Thank you again.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Maybe it wasn't that mini-incident that sounds so grave, after all, then ! Perhaps less serious. We will pray so.
Thanks for the explanation, Jean-Serge. We can imagine how anxious you must be in this time.
Hope they don't have to keep him an entire week "in hospital" as the British phrase it. I wonder why they say it that way,
without the "the" before Hospital !
Anyway, let's hope he will be released soon, and back to 100% normal very quickly !
Thanks for letting us know so we can support you in this tough time, especially near the holidays.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Thanks be to God!
Symeon