Please - I beg for urgent prayer.

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
whispers_written

Please - I beg for urgent prayer.

Post by whispers_written »

My son is being indoctrinated by a group I cannot get any information on. He's very secretive about it. He has said specific catch phrases that I've heard before when I was living abroad. He is married, has a young child and a baby on the way. He has started to discount Christ and is expecting complete obedience from his wife. She's four months pregnant and is afraid . . . this is a very abrupt change on his part. Suddenly he does not want anything to do with Christmas.

Please pray.

I fear for his life and the life of his family.

Handmaiden50
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOAA

Re: Please - I beg for urgent prayer.

Post by Handmaiden50 »

Lord, have mercy!

"Oh Christ my Savior, save me whether I want it or not! Come quickly, hurry, for I perish!"

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Lord have mercy.

St. Seraphim of Sarov, intercede to Christ God for us.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

whispers_written : that must be really alarming for you.
Do you know any more about what kind of group it is your son became involved with ?
Or indoctrinated by ?

Why do you fear for his life ??? Maybe they are just quacks, not life-threatening.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

I think this is something that you should discuss with your priest. He should get involved in this. Of course, we will pray for your son. But, aside from all that, pray to the Theotokos. She is a mother and certainly hears the prayers of a mother for her child. And God sees the tears of a mother for her child. Don't lose hope. I know it looks tragic now, but it can change. Just keep praying.

If you can provide some information to help us understand how this came about, we can perhaps give you more advise.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

^ That's right ! Good advice from Joasia.

I hope whispers_written won't be afraid to return and tell us what's happened or what she fears.
We are supportive, not nosy. Just want to pin down what the exact threat is.

I sometimes am remembering the intriguing "catch phrases" description and trying to figure out whom this cult or group could be. Mormons ? They are overseas pervasively as "Missionaries". Perhaps that's it ?

I believe they are even in Russia. By the way, has anyone heard about the gigantic 'temple' Mormons are building reportedly near St Peter's in Rome, apparently to overshadow it ? Bizarre.