Prayers

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
maximus
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Prayers

Post by maximus »

Lord, have mercy,

I ask for your prayers for me. I am ashamed of my sins, which are numerous and I am ashamed to name them specifically. But they are numerous and severe - please pray for me. These sins are destroying me. They are killing me. Please.

Thank you so much.

“Sometimes men are tested by pleasure, sometimes by distress or by physical suffering. By means of His prescriptions the Physician of souls administers the remedy according to the cause of the passions lying hidden in the soul.”

+ St. Maximos the Confessor

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Re: Prayers

Post by arcmode »

I'm praying for you and I know how you feel.

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Lord have mercy.

Remember, that we must not despair, but keep praying and struggling.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

You're in my prayers Maximus.

-Antonios

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

maximus wrote:

Lord, have mercy,

I ask for your prayers for me. I am ashamed of my sins, which are numerous and I am ashamed to name them specifically. But they are numerous and severe - please pray for me. These sins are destroying me. They are killing me. Please.

Thank you so much.

Please do not be ashamed to mention your sins to Christ and your Spiritual Father.

Lord have mercy.

My husband and I are praying the Canon (Paracleisis) to the Theotokos every night.
Our Lady Theotokos has always been "quick to hear."

Below is the concluding prayer from the online Canon to the Theotokos
http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english ... k/main.htm

• Prayer to the Most Holy Mother of God
    (adapted from Jordanville, 1986)
    Accept from us thine unworthy servants, O all-powerful, immaculate, Sovereign Lady, Mother of God, these honorable gifts, which can be offered only to thee, who art the one chosen out of all generations, and who hast become higher than all creation, heavenly and earthly. For through thee the Lord of Powers was with us, and through thee we came to know the Son of God, and were granted His holy Body and most pure Blood. Therefore thou art blessed by all generations, the Favorite of God, more radiant than the Cherubim, and more honorable than the Seraphim. And now, O all-hymned, most holy Mother of God, cease not to pray for us, thy unworthy servants, that we may be delivered from every snare of the subtle one, and from all besetting sins, and preserve us unharmed from every poisonous temptation of the devil. Help us, save us, and protect us through thy prayers, O Lady Theotokos, so that we may persevere and remain uncondemned. For thy great help, we send up glory, praise, thanksgiving and adoration to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.
    Through the prayers of our holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

Please don't despair, dear brother. Pray, repent, confess your sins to your spiritual father and be cleansed and reconciled to Our Savior.
As many times as you sin, that many times will God forgive you.