Please pray for our Joanna

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Please pray for our Joanna

Post by Maria »

Joanna (Josaia) is taking a trip to sunny California to view the relics of St. John of San Francisco.

Let us pray that she has a wonderful pilgrimage and a safe trip home.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Re: Please pray for our Joanna

Post by Priest Antonios »

Thank you for the reminder!

-Antonios

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Nice to hear !
Is that this autumn ?
The Feast of the Uncovering of St John's Relics Oct 12 a big occasion and then
many others too coming up that it would be wonderful to see St John's relics at those times.
Hope that all will go well.
Maybe she would be able to visit our parish south of San Francisco, too, but depends
when a Priest will be there for a full service. Otherwise, there are readers' services on the weekends.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Thank you Maria for your kindness in posting this prayer request. It was a lovely trip and certainly fascinating for me to be in California and talking with the locals. I was standing before St. John, on Wednesday. How can one not have tears flowing when looking at him there? I was in total awe. It will be burnt in my memory forever.

Barbara, I went for the 9th. I did try to arrange it for the 19th, but it didn't work out. I'm back home now.

Antonios, thank you for your well-wishes to my post on the other thread. I saw it before I left. :)

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

joasia wrote:

Thank you Maria for your kindness in posting this prayer request. It was a lovely trip and certainly fascinating for me to be in California and talking with the locals. I was standing before St. John, on Wednesday. How can one not have tears flowing when looking at him there? I was in total awe. It will be burnt in my memory forever.

Barbara, I went for the 9th. I did try to arrange it for the 19th, but it didn't work out. I'm back home now.

Antonios, thank you for your well-wishes to my post on the other thread. I saw it before I left. :)

Joanne,

I am glad that your pilgrimage was profitable and that you have had a safe trip home.

TedMann

Post by TedMann »

Maria wrote:

Joanna (Josaia) is taking a trip to sunny California to view the relics of St. John of San Francisco.

She's going to sunny southern California to visit relics and needs our prayer? At first I thought you were kidding. I was expecting to read that she had a medical condition. There are people starving in the world in remote and freezing places who are in need of prayer.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

TedMann wrote:
Maria wrote:

She's going to sunny southern California to visit relics and needs our prayer? At first I thought you were kidding. I was expecting to read that she had a medical condition. There are people starving in the world in remote and freezing places who are in need of prayer.

Considering that Joanna does not know the area and that it is easy to get lost in San Francisco, most of us have been praying for her. Besides, I was joking about Sunny California as we just had our first dangerous winter storm. Yesterday in Los Angeles, a freeway ended up submerged in dirt when a storm channel was plugged with a lot of debris. The hillside slid down the bank and ended up on the freeway stopping traffic.

Lord have mercy.