You must now state your jurisdiction

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

You must now state your jurisdiction

Post by jgress »

Dear members of ECafe,

Since several older members of this forum are uncomfortable with having posters of unknown affiliation contribute, we, the administrators, would like to make it policy now to have everyone state their jurisdiction. If you are a baptized member of, or a formal catechumen in a True Orthodox jurisdiction, please give that one. You may use one of the accepted acronyms (see the helpful list at news-nftu.blogspot.com). If you are merely inquiring into True Orthodoxy, please do not specify a True Orthodox jurisdiction, but rather state your current Orthodox jurisdiction, or if you are not Orthodox, your current religious affiliation. If "none", write "None".

Please let one of the administrators know if you have any questions, or any trouble finding the relevant field in your profile.

In Christ,

Jonathan Gress

Benita58
Faith: new

Re: You must now state your jurisdiction

Post by Benita58 »

My name is Benita Bylicki, forgive me as I am new to learning about Orthodoxy, I am not sure what you mean by jurisdiction or formal catechumen. I am presently speaking to Fr. Steven Allen about joining the Orthodox Church thru his church in St. Clair Shores Michigan, St.Spyridon, will be attending as regularly as possible( I live 3 hours away in mid northern michigan) I would consider myself a catechuman in the process of learning about the church with my children. I hope that helps,
Sincerly Benita Bylicki

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

That's fine Benita, thanks for letting us know.

In Christ,

Jonathan

NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Post by NadirGP »

As I sign, in most of my posts, my name is Nadir. I do not belong to any Orthodox jurisdiction for I am a Roman Catholic. I joined this forum for the main reason to learn more about Orthodoxy.
Thanks for your hospitality you showed to me so far.
Nadir

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32