The Server Hosting Bill is due. We need your help!

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

So then, Incognito1583, you are claiming to be the clergyman or one of the two ladies who donated?

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

No I don't claim anything. I asked the status to see where you were at. The problem has been solved so I don't have to donate.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

I don't believe Orthodox Christians should use modern toys and follow worldly fads and trends. I don't think the internet is spiritually healthy. It seems to bring out the worst in people. People don't need to always be talking. We have the Church. We don't need the internet and other social gatherings.

Except for a business or for the promoting of the Kingdom of God, I don't believe we should use the internet.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Incognito1583 wrote:

Except for a business or for the promoting of the Kingdom of God, I don't believe we should use the internet.

And that is the point of the cafe.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

This site serves the interests of Orthodox Christians. It is a breeding house of division. It does not promote the Kingdom of God to those who are outside the Church. This is what I've always maintained. The contemporary Orthodox Church is only focussed on the self. Christian life does not extend beyond the walls of the local parish. All people do on this site, and any site, is argue with each other. The internet is not condusive to healthy spiritual life.

Now, since I am the one saying it, it means nothing. But if Father Seraphim Rose were saying the exact same words? lol holy cow, that's a whole different story isn't it? Let's ad his words to the canon of Scripture itself and paint icons of Father Seraphim before any offical canonization and venerate him as a saint!

It doesn't matter he believed the MP had grace, venerated Augustine, was received by chrismation and taught the heretical theory of toll houses. Father Seraphim held a M.A. degree, spoke RUSSIAN, and became Russianized! The MP Russians just love Father Seraphim because in him they see the perfect example of the Russianization of an American soul. These people don't love Christianity, Christ or Orthodoxy. They love their own ethnicities. All they care about is extending Russia throughout the world. Modern Orthodox do not love God or Christianity. They are nothing but ethnocentrists

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

It seems to me that Incognito1583 likes to project his/her failings upon the entire Orthodox Church.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Incognito1583 wrote:

No I don't claim anything. I asked the status to see where you were at. The problem has been solved so I don't have to donate.

Maybe that is what you see others do at church? They see that others already donated so they feel that they do not have any responsibility to donate anymore?