Image pasting Question

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Image pasting Question

Post by Justice »

I don't know how to display images, can someone please tell me?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Image pasting Question

Post by Maria »

COPYING IMAGE LOCATIONS using the copy and paste method.

If you want to copy an image from a website, go to that website, choose the image, and right click: COPY IMAGE LOCATION.
Next come over here and left click the img (image) found on the tool bar on top of your post window.
Then, right click PASTE, and the image url will be inserted between the img tags.

Finally, submit your post, or click preview at the bottom to see how it looks.

Make sure that it is not a dynamic image (one that changes every five minutes or so).

Static images (ones that do not change) are preferred.

Otherwise, you can save an image to your hard drive, and use them for illustrations.
If you have any images saved to your harddrive, you may access them by clicking attachment below.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Happy Prince St Vladimir's Day, everyone !

A point here is that the "Copy Image Location" works on the chrome browser [ which I dislike except for THIS VERY feature ! ].
On IE, that doesn't work. It will say merely "Copy". But the image SHOULD paste anyhow.

Just so Justice does not get frustrated like I did when I was first learning, trying to post the mock-up illustration of the now newly consecrated Cathedral of the New Martyrs at Lubyanka on the Sretensky Monastery grounds.

Maria had to do the honors. I was so impressed with how the image helped the post I had made that I determined to practice until I learned this skill.
My attempts at including images haven't always turned out, but most of them do these days. Problems enter when the image is too big for the allotment by E.Cafe.
How to change the image size to fit the right proportions is something I have yet to master.

We will look forward to your now illustrated posts, Justice !

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Thank you, Barbara.

I am using Firefox Ubuntu. It is much safer than Windows.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.