Fix the Notification Feature

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Fix the Notification Feature

Post by Matthew »

Well, I am glad things are not as dire as I thought! Thanks Maria. :)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I too forgot about the use of the Quick Links : I had never tried looking there.
Also, a good caveat about the need to look at ALL new threads while logged in. I assume that means once
a member has clicked the Quick Links ? If not, then the number of threads will just accumulate until the member does
click on it ?
Then vanish after one look at Quick Links ?!

That was useful to learn from Xenondrum's experience, due to the fact that he seldom logs in.
He probably hears all about Euphrosynos Cafe developments and news as it is. He doesn't NEED to check in himself !

I notice also that the Notifications feature is not working perfectly. Sometimes it will say "2 Notifications". I will go to both threads but one will remain still active, so that it keeps turning up every time I look at the number of Notifications. Not a big problem, but it is not quite as smooth a process as it seemed at the outset.

We can live without the email notifications. That is not worth Anastasios' time to fix especially since it sounds like such a ponderous task.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Even if you do not click New Posts, those posts will disappear from that link as soon as you log out, because they will no longer be considered NEW.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

right, I am already getting the hang of not signing out or closing my tab on my browser until I have checked all the new posts and responded to them as I might like to.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

:wink:

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

It is easy now to keep track.