Notification Failure

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Notification Failure

Post by joasia »

I seem to have a problem with getting notifications when someone has posted on a thread that I posted on. I go back to previous posts and see that someone has posted, but I didn't get a notification. Has anyone else had that problem?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Notification Failure

Post by Maria »

Yes, I have had that problem too. It could be a problem with Google as I use gmail. I have noticed that problem ever since Google recently reformatted gmail to sort out mail (primary, forums, promotions, social, etc.).

I went to User Control Panel and re-enabled subscriptions. Now the problem does seem to be rectified.
However, Google is now slowly sorting and distributing mail. Apparently NSA is to blame. :mrgreen:

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Why does it takes a full 24 to 36 hours to get the notifications through Google (gmail)?

It is faster to come here and view the new threads. Instead, I waste time over at gmail deleting all the very old notifications that have arrived so very late.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

searn77
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Metropolia of Americas & Brit. Isles

Post by searn77 »

I just started having this problem too & I use hotmail. I'm having the same problem with oc.net also.

Troparion of St. Philaret of New York
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

I am having the same problem as all of you are having, as well.

Maybe the MP-KGB sponsored techs are hacking into TOC forums and sewing viruses to delay and disrupt posting notifications to try to drive people out of the forums and destroy our work so that they are the only ones left on the block. Just a possibility, even if seemingly unlikely.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

I am still NOT getting a notification for MOST of the threads I have been participating in, and if and when I do get a notification it is at least 48 hours later.

I hope someone in the TOC who has the skills to fix this will do so.

Symeon

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I didn't see that earlier post, Symeon. Funny !
[Though you meant 'sowing viruses', right ?]
Hope it is not the case, either way.

Maybe Anastasios, an apparent computer expert, will be able to have a look at this strange problem ?

Meanwhile, this does explain why sometimes people don't reply very fast in discussions. Thanks.