New member.

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

GocBishop
Faith: G.O.C.

New member.

Post by GocBishop »

New here so i do not know how actually the site is working or anything but i found out that i do not have access to the most interesting topics/forums but only to some let me say less or not interesting ones.
Thanks for any help

~Theological ignorance won't take us very far, at least not in the right direction. Excitement uninformed by truth invariably leads either to idolatry or fanaticism. If we don’t know the God we enjoy, we may end up enjoying the wrong god!~

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: New member.

Post by jgress »

I can give you access to the controversial topics forum. If you want access to the Intra-TOC polemics forum, please confirm with me your TOC jurisdiction, thank you.

Jonathan

NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Post by NadirGP »

As I said: NadirGP wrote:
I have been with forum for some weeks now with:
This forum is for discussion of controversial political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. PM the administrator for access.
I do not understand why I should have to ask for a permission to enter it. Is this a some kind elitist club or something?
Nadir Martello

by GocBishop » Fri 31 May 2013 5:55 am

New here so i do not know how actually the site is working or anything but i found out that i do not have access to the most interesting topics/forums but only to some let me say less or not interesting ones.
Thanks for any help

That is my very problem. Can you help?

Nadir Martello

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

jgress

Post by jgress »

I can give you access. Next time, please PM me.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Welcome Nadir !

Actually, I wonder what percentage of members ARE admitted to the 2 Forums.
Not because they are - ha ha ! - for an "elite". But because we wonder how many are reading our posts there.
So as to know how much energy to put into finding items of interest for readers.

After all, these are only for educational purposes, to edify as many as possible.

So please participate, Nadir GP if you care to. We will be glad to get your perspectives.

NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Post by NadirGP »

Since I registered on this forum, I have been browsing several posts but apart from the orthodox religious ones, which are very interesting to me, I like discussion on Controversial Political and Social Issues too.

Barbara, you asked me what I think of it, or as you wrote: “We will be glad to get your perspectives”.

Yesterday, I read the following post, “Excellent Critique of Anti-Jewish Sentiments and Claims,” and I felt sorry for arcmode the way you dealt with him, for I thought, he [or she?] need some moral support. I intended to do so, but then I was not sure how the rest of you would react. I am saying this because I am a Catholic and Italian by birth and my way of thinking may not square with many of yours. At this point, you might ask me why then have I joined this forum. The main reason I did so is that I have been disenchanted with the Roman Catholic Church for several years now and looking to establish a new orthodox dialogue with people who lived their Orthodox faith.
Maranatha
Nadir

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

jgress

Post by jgress »

Thanks for introducing yourself, Nadir!