New member.

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: New member.

Post by Maria »

Yes, welcome to the forum, Nadir.

We now have several inquirers who are viewing our two private forums: Intra-TOC Polemics and Controversial Political and Social Issues. These private forums were developed because several people did not want to read such debates. These private forum keep the debate limited and help keep E Cafe friendly.

I was also a Roman Catholic for most of my life, but with the Vatican II changes, started looking into Orthodoxy. It is the pearl of great value.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I just found a lost pearl ! Apt image, Maria !

Nadir, yes we many of us have Catholic backgrounds and want you to feel at home completely.
I don't know how many Italians are here, but that country is lovely. From which area or city did your ancestors derive, if you know ?

I am sorry you thought I was not polite to arcmode - could you tell me where ?
I respect arcmode ; if he was miffed, I apologize !
I wasn't aware of having made an unsupportive comment, but it's good you are reading carefully !
Few people do, probably. Especially new members.

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Post by arcmode »

Don't feel bad for me, NadirGP, it's just a forum, you should hear what the voices in my head say!

I don't think NadirGP meant you Barbara, but anyway, I don't take offense.

If people make me think more deeply, or speak more carefully, or pray to Him, Glory to God :)

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That is indeed wise of you, arcmode. A mature reaction we all can emulate.

Meanwhile, I will find time over the next week to scrutinize that thread.

We don't like to step on any members' toes, nor cause hurt nor difficulty.

NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Post by NadirGP »

Now, where from I start? From you, Maria,

Thanks for your kindly words. Yes, I understand Vatican II has been bombshell for many Catholic people. However, my estrangement from Rome came in roundabout way and I do not want to talk about it right here and now.

Barbara,
You wrote:

“I don't know how many Italians are here, but that country is lovely. From which area or city did your ancestors derive, if you know?

Actually, I live in Australia this since 1981. I am originally from Adria (Rovigo) Veneto region, Italy. Thus, I do know where my ancestors came from – Crocetta, Badia Polesine, Italy.

“am sorry you thought I was not polite to arcmode”

No, actually, my feeling was that you, with the rest of the forum, were trying to undermine what arcmode was saying in regard of the Jews. I thought arcmode had a good point there but you, perhaps, thought he [or she?] was too harsh [unchristian] on them. That is all.

Arcmode,
I think you are all right, mate. I gather that you too are from Australia. So now are two of us from down under.

Ciao, Nadir

Last edited by Maria on Tue 8 October 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing quote tags

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Post by arcmode »

Hey mate :)

I've been to Italy. I visited Ravenna, and got to see all the ancient churches and mosaics. I loved it.

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

arcmode wrote:

Don't feel bad for me, NadirGP, it's just a forum, you should hear what the voices in my head say!

Thanks for the smile!