History of E. Cafe and O.C. Net

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

I thought OC.net was administered by Father Anastasios Hudson, who is an exemplary True Orthodox priest. Is this not correct?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Lydia wrote:

I thought OC.net was administered by Father Anastasios Hudson, who is an exemplary True Orthodox priest. Is this not correct?

Yes, Father Anastasios of the GOC/HOTCA is our Admin and Webmaster.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Long Skirts (ankle length) vs. Short Skirts

Post by jgress »

Fr A started OC.net many many years ago, before he was even Orthodox. I think he was still Byzantine Catholic at the time. Later he joined the OCA, and then HOTCA. I think all the other moderators there are World Orthodox, and some may even be Monophysites (the current WO position seems now to have settled on the Monophysites, "Non-Chalcedonians", being completely Orthodox, and the lack of communion being a purely administrative matter).

You are right that many opinions expressed there are un-Orthodox, or at least anti-traditionalist. Fr A's position is that at least it's a forum where the True Orthodox are allowed a voice; most WO sites would simply ban anyone expressing TO opinions.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Re: History of E. Cafe and O.C. Net

Post by Lydia »

Thank you both for the info. I recently watched a video made by Father Anastasios. I was greatly impressed by his gentle manner and the strength of his Orthodoxy. I hope he will be inspired to produce more of these!