RTOC consecrated a Bishop for Serbian TOC

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

RTOC consecrated a Bishop for Serbian TOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

Today in the Historical Russian Convent of Lesna (France), the RTOC bishops consecrated Hieromonk Akakije (Stanjovich) as Bishop of Resava and Shumadia for the Serbian True Orthodox Church.

Many Years for the newly consecrated Bishop Akakije!

Source: http://www.serbiantrueorthodox.org/2011 ... _5437.html

priestmark
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: RTOC consecrated a Bishop for Serbian TOC

Post by priestmark »

Ambition doesn't tarry.

sava
Jurisdiction: G.O.C

Post by sava »

Priest Siluan wrote:

Today in the Historical Russian Convent of Lesna (France), the RTOC bishops consecrated Hieromonk Akakije (Stanjovich) as Bishop of Resava and Shumadia for the Serbian True Orthodox Church.

Many Years for the newly consecrated Bishop Akakije!

Source: http://www.serbiantrueorthodox.org/2011 ... _5437.html

This is a historic mistake wich divides our Serbian brothers. Divides families, friends, brothers. Russians have been proved unwise and untrustworthy and choosing to sacrifice the union with the Genuine Orthodox Church of Greece in order to satisfy the ambition of hieromonk Akakije (leader of just a group of Serbian faithful suffering from the sickness of Hero – Worshipping). Akakije, unfortunately for him, will be remembered as one schismatic ''bishop'' whose consecration is based on the UNGRATEFULNESS, DISOBEDIENCE, SICK ETHNICISM & SCHISM!

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

sava wrote:

one schismatic ''bishop'' whose consecration is based on the UNGRATEFULNESS, DISOBEDIENCE, SICK ETHNICISM & SCHISM!

Is this a slogan of some sort I am not aware of?

As for the consecration, all I can say is, well, that was awfully quick. One minute we were discussing the idea of RTOC making Hieromonk Akakije a Bishop and then whoosh, there he was.

My prayer is that he will do well with what he was entrusted for the True Orthodox faithful of Serbia.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Zilot_Constantinos
Faith: True Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos of Athens and all Greece

Post by Zilot_Constantinos »

sava wrote:

This is a historic mistake wich divides our Serbian brothers. Divides families, friends, brothers. Russians have been proved unwise and untrustworthy and choosing to sacrifice the union with the Genuine Orthodox Church of Greece in order to satisfy the ambition of hieromonk Akakije (leader of just a group of Serbian faithful suffering from the sickness of Hero – Worshipping). Akakije, unfortunately for him, will be remembered as one schismatic ''bishop'' whose consecration is based on the UNGRATEFULNESS, DISOBEDIENCE, SICK ETHNICISM & SCHISM!

Na mnogaja ljeta! I do not think Fr. Akakje's consecration to bishop could be schismatic, cause RTOC is definitely not schismatic. That means the consecration itself is valid. But the problem is that the situation is difficult now for GOC, STOC and RTOC. I ask myself: Are politics more important than the true orthodox faith? NO!
Let's hope the best, that all three churches stay and come together. It is necessary for the common spreading of the true faith.

I want you all to pray on it. Please do so!

Ορθοδοξία ή Θάνατος! - Православие или смерть! - Православље или смрт!

+ Ορθοδοξία ή Θάνατος! - Православие или смерт! - Православље или смрт! +

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

Dear Constatinos:

You told the most sensible words which I have heard about this whole matter. God may help to find some peace and Christian mutual understanding!

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

To me it is reminiscent of the consecration of Bp Petros of Astoria, who was accused by many other Greek Old Calendarists, particularly those centered around HTM in ROCOR, of ambition for the episcopacy. Our side remembers it rather as zeal on behalf of the OC faithful in America, who desperately needed a pastor, and the fact that Bp Petros didn't trust Fr Panteleimon's pastorship (apparently with some good reason). The jurisdictional conflict is also relevant, since Bp Petros was technically in the Greek GOC synod, but historically spent almost as much time with ROCOR. I'm just bringing this up to show that there may be different interpretations of this event. For the moment it may well cause friction between RTOC and GOC; God willing it will be healed eventually.