Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Hieromonk Ambrose

Re: Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Post by Hieromonk Ambrose »

Suaiden wrote:

This is why these men are so desperate they joined the Cafe just to attack.

Why did I join the Cafe?

I wrote privately to Jonathan asking him if he knew of previous discussion about the Encyclical on the Cafe. After all, although the Encyclical is currently causing an uproar in American Milan it was issued five years ago. I expected that there would have been previous discussions and wanted to read through them. I could not image that such knowledgeable people as yourself, who has written the definitive history of Milan, would not have discussed the Encyclical at some previous point in time.

Jonathan put a public message on the Cafe (the commencement of this thread) asking if people knew anything? Whereupon you rushed onto the scene and in a long letter (no 2 in this thread) you denigrated me and others.

So contrary to your assertion that I joined the Cafe to attack, I commenced writing with the opposite intention, to defend myself against your attack.

I read that letter of yours and decided I had to make a reply, if only to protect my own integrity. I do not entertain hard feelings against you; it is quite understandable that you are in a period of turmoil with this Encyclical, both yourself personally and American Milan generally.

I remember a similar turmoil when you had competed the first edition of the History of Milan and I pointed out to you there was not any mention of Milan's 7 attempts to join the ancient Patriarchates. You said you had no knowledge of it and that is the reason it was not included in the History. I was dunmbfounded that you did not know.... these momentous negotiations occupied about six years of Milan's history, from 1997 to 2003. In the subsequent revised History I see you have included these negotiations with the Patriarchates.

May God bring it all to a conclusion to the glory of His holy name.

Last edited by Hieromonk Ambrose on Mon 11 October 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hieromonk Ambrose

Deleted- repeated post.

Last edited by Hieromonk Ambrose on Mon 11 October 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Done talking

Post by Suaidan »

Hieromonk Ambrose wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

Why did I join the Cafe?

I wrote privately to Jonathan asking him if he knew of previous discussion about the Encyclical on the Cafe. After all, although the Encyclical is currently causing an uproar in American Milan it was issued five years ago. I expected that there would have been previous discussions and wanted to read through them. I could not image that such knowledgeable people as yourself, who has written the definitive history of Milan, would not have discussed the Encyclical at some previous point in time.

Jonathan put a public message on the Cafe (the commencemnt of this thread) asking if people knew anything? Whereupon you rushed onto the scene and in a long letter (no 2 in this thread) you denigrated me and others.

And Fr Steven Webb, the second of the trio of the attack dogs on Paradosis, was on within four posts.

That was a coincidence?

Come on, Father Ambrose, be honest with yourself.

I really have nothing else to say on the matter. Everything was said in my first post. Nothing new has been added to it except a series of insinuations about me, about NFTU, and copied discussions from Milan on other lists.

I hope Jonathan can clearly see now why he was asked.

I've got nothing left to say.

P.S. You are lying about the time period. If Fr Aidan sticks by those numbers, so is he.

Last edited by Suaidan on Mon 11 October 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Hieromonk Ambrose

Suaiden wrote:

I believe that Jonathan knows me well enough from other venues. I am not devious nor cunning. People often see me as a little naive.

priest_Steven

Post by priest_Steven »

Fr. Ambrose said: I remember a similar turmoil when you had competed the first edition of the History of Milan and I pointed out to you there was not any mention of Milan's 7 attempts to join the ancient Patriarchates. You said you had no knowledge of it and that is the reason it was not included in the History. I was dunmbfounded that you did not know.... these momentous negotiations occupied about six years of Milan's history, from 1997 to 2003. In the subsequent revised History I see you have included these negotiations with the Patriarchates.

Me: I see. These negotiations were later amended into Fr. Joseph's history of the Milan synod. What did it take to get him to believe this information was not some kind of "propaganda" concocted by checkists and sergianists? Did he do the same kicking and screaming he is displaying here on the latest discovery concerning Met. Evloghios' encylical? If so, then I think this thread might be a good "scratching post" before he gets to another revision.

• Fr. S
Hieromonk Ambrose

Re: Done talking

Suaiden wrote:

P.S. You are lying about the time period. .

Cone on, Father! :) You were blissfully ignorant of Milan's negotiations to join seven of the ancient Patriarchates when you wrote the History of Milan. No mention at all in the first edition of the History in 2008. If you have now boned up on the matter, then please correct my time period and give us the accurate one.

priest_Steven

Re: Done talking

Post by priest_Steven »

Suaiden wrote:
Hieromonk Ambrose wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

Why did I join the Cafe?

Jonathan put a public message on the Cafe (the commencemnt of this thread) asking if people knew anything? Whereupon you rushed onto the scene and in a long letter (no 2 in this thread) you denigrated me and others.

And Fr Steven Webb, the second of the trio of the attack dogs on Paradosis, was on within four posts.

That was a coincidence?

Come on, Father Ambrose, be honest with yourself.

I really have nothing else to say on the matter. Everything was said in my first post. Nothing new has been added to it except a series of insinuations about me, about NFTU, and copied discussions from Milan on other lists.

I've got nothing left to say.

P.S. You are lying about the time period. If Fr Aidan sticks by those numbers, so is he.

Fr. Joseph I wanted to have a direct dialog with you about this item especially since I had been watching NFTU for the official report from you. Nothing. Now on this tread you have revealed much concerning how you run NFTU. I am satisfied with your candid explanations, especially your admissions about what you do and don't publish. You boldly compared your operation to "kinda like" how the Russian media works with the Kremlin. This is a very meaningful admission given your hatred for this kind of relationship. You also confessed that you ignore certain stories that would be embarrassing to the TOC at the request of their clergy and hierarchs. This is good stuff! It will ease the souls of those who might take you too seriously.

In a way this thread is "kinda like" an interview with the publisher of NFTU who is giving us a "behind the scenes look" at how you run the "blog that the sergianists can't shut down" (sic). And we have learned you run it like those you claim to despise!

Judging by the traffic on this topic this thread is a success for ecafe!!

• Fr. S
Last edited by priest_Steven on Mon 11 October 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.