The Orthodoxy of England before 1066

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Bogatyr

Marvelous Idea!!!

Post by Bogatyr »

:mrgreen: Marvelous Idea!
Orthodoxia I Thanatos!
Rostislav Mikhailovich Malleev-Pokrovsky

priestmark
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Ok everyone...

Post by priestmark »

seraphim reeves wrote:

If you do not think you can post in a more civil tone, it is better for you to retire your account now, or at least stop posting.

Point of information. Just how does a member actively go about retiring an account and removing their name from the memberlist - as opposed to passively going dormant?

o.M

Bogatyr

The Indiana List

Post by Bogatyr »

The Indiana List is mentioned elsewhere. As a person who has been allowed to be abused on that list without even defending myself by pseudo-persons and the like, I will opine on it. Information on that list is CENSORED. A thoroughly Orthodox viewpoint is not appreciated. The Fathers, the Canons, the PHRONEMA have no welcome there. The moderators and owner have PERSONAL standards of authority, those which contradict their Bishops and the integrity of Orthodoxy. It is managed by people who put cronyism first, who silence opposition they don't agree with and who leave all issues looking as if "both sides" are morally equivalent. Mind you, the sides they maintain as such are Orthodoxy and cacodoxy. That is utter, syncretist poison. This list has spawned more schisms, more dissensions, more jurisdiction hopping and done more harm to the diasporan Orthodox conversation than anything else. It is a haven for syncretists, renovationists and those of lukewarm sentiments and is an engine behind the new mentalite that is betraying ROCOR. Unless you are a "conservative antiochian", whatever in the world that is, an oca apologist or heirarch, or a member of the party of fr. shaw or fr. lebedeff, you don't have a voice there. Discussions there are as authoritative in assessing the Truth of Orthodoxy as discussions in a renovationist school like Holy Cross or St. Vlads, nay, less, for at least at those institutions, you aren't slandered in absentia. My advice would be for all Orthodox Christians who love TRUTH to leave that sorry list behind.

Joe Zollars

umm

Post by Joe Zollars »

Bogatyr,

Why did you bring up such an attack of the indiana list on another forum in a thread about England's Orthodox roots?

Having been an occasional, albeit silent, observer of the Indiana list over the past few months I have a very hard time believing your slanders of it. In my unsolicited opinoin, they are more than likely unfounded in addition to being uncharitabe in this time of fasting.

Nicholas Zollars

Bogatyr

Indiana List

Post by Bogatyr »

A poster on this thread was Fr. Mark Gilstrap, the owner of the Indiana List, and I have on more than one occasion in absentia been the victim, during fasts and at other times--even on my wedding day, of more than one slander and calumny. He was somehow tangentially addressing an exchange I had on it. I felt it accurate to address him in that context. What I wrote is accurate and I will not retract it. I encourage all to abandon that forum. I appeal to you based on my views and the consistency with which I have put them forward. As you can see, I am a persn who always puts Truth first and endorses ardently Patristic Orthodoxy. I am not trying to cow anyone. Try to post with the same "candor" as +tikhon of the oca or the same "erudition" (gossip mongering) as Fr. Shaw or the same "balance" as rdr constantine wright or the same "zeal for Orthodoxy" as priveledged uniates on that list. Listen to the antiochian pleas for moral equivalence and "schismatic baiting" that you will hear from the current pastor of the ben lomond parish and others. Hear the defense of ecumenism voiced by select "oca professors". Simply check the archive. Every issue ROCOR stood for has gone down in flames on that list be it toll house to the calendar to ecumenism due to censorship and the message advance by the owners/moderators. Every schism has originated or gained forced in its discussions. Simply check the posters and watch their positions devolve. This is quite appropos to mention here as this is a traditionalist forum and here, traditionalists have a voice.
Orthodoxia I Thanatos!
Rostislav Mikhailovich Malleev-Pokrovsky

CGW

1066 AND MORE!

Post by CGW »

Maybe you have a grudge against Fr. Mark, but it hardly belongs here.

Joe Zollars

indeed

Post by Joe Zollars »

Indeed, CGW, indeed!

Bogatyr,

having observed the indiana list upon occasion over the past few months and having met Fr. Mark personally, I find your slanders and calumnys utterly proposterous (sp?).

This is a thread about the Orthodox roots of England, not your personal vendettas.

Nicholas Zollars