ROAC or ROCOR?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Nevski
Jr Member

Some examples

Post by Nevski »

The soul-destroying evil of spiritual pride

The soul-destroying evil of Phariseeism

The soul-destroying evil of lovelessness (I Cor. 13:1-7)

The soul-destroying evil of ignorance ("I would not have you ignorant, brethren. . . .")

The soul-destroying evil of factionalism (schism)

All interrelated evils, and evils very real.

Nevski

Last edited by Nevski on Sat 15 November 2003 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Jamin

Can't you be any more specific?

Post by Ben Jamin »

So far I have not expirenced or seen lovelessness amoung the ROAC, but maybe after time I will, who knows.

But once again you make blanket statments! Give examples of spiritual pride, Phariseeism, lovelessness, factionalism...etc that exsist in the ROAC.

I do not think it is fair to make such remarks and then not explain.

Nevski
Jr Member

Re: Can't you be any more specific?

Post by Nevski »

Join ROAC, and you'll find out. The evils I listed are self-evident.

You write that you are "Roman Catholic on my way to Orthodoxy." Be extremely clear on what Orthodoxy is, and is not, before you make that move.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Ben wrote:

Thank you Daniel...

but this brings me back to my orginal question....

You suggest I should stay away from the OCA and GOA, so then where do I go, ROCOR or ROAC?

Thanks!

Ben,

Please forgive me, I honestly don't know how to answer this question. The only exposure I've had with the ROAC is through this cafe. I am alsono longer a memeber of ROCOR.

That's why I say read and pray. Find a church that holds to the teachings and Traditions of the Orthodox Faith, and maitains a meet and Patristic (read: Orthodox) confession.

Daniel

Ben Jamin

Post by Ben Jamin »

That is my problem...I am not clear on what Orthodoxy is or which jurisdiction holds the true apostolic faith. This is why I asked here, and this is why I have contacted every single Orthodox priest in my area. But most of all I need your prayers!

Ben Jamin

Post by Ben Jamin »

Thank Daniel..and keep me in your prayers.

Nevski
Jr Member

Oh, the infamy of it!

Post by Nevski »

That the true Church would face enemies from within, in addition to without. Sound almost like the New Testament Church!

Nevski

Daniel wrote:

Ben,

Read the Fathers, and pray.

I personally would stay away from the OCA and the GOA, as both organic member of the World Council of Churches (read: flagrant ecumenists).

in XC,
Daniel