Address to ROCA, by Bishop Gregory

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Seraphim,

I don't want to get into a debate... I've already spoken presumptuously in PM to the good Fr. George who posts here and said things I shouldn't have said (ie. I shouldn't have said certain things because it wsa disrespectful for me to do so). The only thing I could suggest would be to just take some time and read through the whole month. Many people bring up objections to what His Grace, Bp. Gregory is saying. I've judged Bp. Gregory too much already--in my mind and in my words. I hope you won't hold it too much against me if I don't say much more.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

*unstick!*

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Since there have been no replies in 2004 and this announcement has been at the top of this section for over 2 months now, I will be un-stickying it. With almost 3,700 views, I am sure everyone has read it. :-D

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Most read post ever!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

In looking over all the threads, this post ended up being the most read, most viewed post of all time. Amazing!

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Re: "Bishop" Gregory's letter and "Met."

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

gelsky wrote:

If I remember correctly, isnt this "Met" Valentine of Suzdal, the bishop who was convicted of a crime, child-molestation or something to that effect??

On this, yes he was accused and even initially found guilty by a corrupt regional court, but ROCOR investigated this too and found him innocent!

He did not protest an investigation, in fact, asked for a COMPLETE investigation so as to be cleared. The ROCOR did invistigate and found nothing in the charges. An Ukaz was issued, No. 11/35/204a, declaring this.

And then yesterday, Metropolitan Valentine was cleared of ALL CHARGES by the Russian courts, as the charges were proven to be lies with no basis in fact. So he has been cleared by his former synod and by the government!

Seraphim Reeves

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Nicholas,

And then yesterday, Metropolitan Valentine was cleared of ALL CHARGES by the Russian courts, as the charges were proven to be lies with no basis in fact. So he has been cleared by his former synod and by the government!

This is good news. I did not have any doubts, having familiarized myself with the situation, that Metropolitan Valentin was innocent of the accusations made against him. If you come across any links/documents pertaining to this reversal of legal fortunes, I'd appreciate it if you'd post them here (or at least post some links.)

Seraphim

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

seraphim reeves wrote:

This is good news. I did not have any doubts, having familiarized myself with the situation, that Metropolitan Valentin was innocent of the accusations made against him. If you come across any links/documents pertaining to this reversal of legal fortunes, I'd appreciate it if you'd post them here (or at least post some links.

You and I both. Reading the facts it was obvious that he was not guilty. So far the news articles are only in Russian. I have posted one here at the Café and then of course there is news art http://vertograd.narod.ru/441.htm