True Orthodox in Japan

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

searn77
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Metropolia of Americas & Brit. Isles

True Orthodox in Japan

Post by searn77 »

Does anyone know if there are any TOCs present in Japan? I know someone who is going to Japan who would most likely want to visit one. I know St. Nicholas of Japan brought Orthodoxy from Russia into Japan, so I would think that there might be a Russian True Orthodox synod present there. From the web searching that I've done so far, I found one website that claims there's one Russian Matthewite parish present in Japan but this website doesn't give any details on the parish. I also saw that ROCOR under Metropolitan Agafangel has a bishop of a few different places, one of which is Japan, but the ROCOR website doesn't show them as having any parishes in Japan.

Troparion of St. Philaret of New York
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: True Orthodox in Japan

Post by Justice »

Have you looked on the HOTCA directory?

searn77
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Metropolia of Americas & Brit. Isles

Re: True Orthodox in Japan

Post by searn77 »

Yes, I've looked at HOTCA's, ROCOR-A's, and a few other TOC synods' directories that I can't remember off the top of my head. From the directories that I've come across, I can't seem to find any TOC located in Japan.

Troparion of St. Philaret of New York
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.