Bp Stefan cuts communion with RTOC Synod

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Bp Stefan cuts communion with RTOC Synod

Post by Priest Siluan »

Maria wrote:

Thank you, Father Siluan. Yes, indeed, the above linked website or blog has published a lot of misrepresentations, if not down right lies, like a bishop baptising himself? Who ever heard of such nonsense? Thank you for your sober warning.

Well, dear Maria, I will not respond to you completely now regarding this, but I promise to to do after Pascha. I only will say, it has a lot to do with the dialogue with GOC-K, and for his mistake, Bp. Germogen, after sincere repentance, was set under "epitimia" by the Synod for one year, after this he was retired.

People (some few clergymen and laymen) who are attacking our Bishops now and sowing confusion, are doing so, because they are against our strict ecclesiology, and they think the MP has grace, etc. Some of them are even name-worshipers etc, it is interesting that these people are ousiders to our church and come from Bp. Diomid, ROCOR-A and MP... all who believe that in the MP is grace-filled ...

Priest Siluan

Post by Priest Siluan »

PS: Portal-Credo is anti-RTOC because we are against name-worshiper heresy and our Synod do not accept "Bishop" Gregory Lurye in RTOC. So, they always look to be allies with any RTOC hater there is...

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Priest Siluan wrote:

PS: Portal-Credo is anti-RTOC because we are against name-worshiper heresy and our Synod do not accept "Bishop" Gregory Lurye in RTOC. So, they always look to be allies with any RTOC hater there is...

Yes, Portal-Credo is the tool of "Bishop" Gregory Luyre and the Name-Worshipers. Therefore, we must not accept this blog as having any representation of the truth. They are in heresy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you again, Fr Siluan !
I recognized immediately how accurate were your words about the enemies of our RTOC attacking at any chance they can find due to our strict ecclesiology.

I didn't know Bp Diomid had a jurisdiction ! I remember when he was ousted from the MP, but didn't know he had formed a Church or group.
That's interesting.

But yes, the problem is that all of these recognize grace in the MP, whether they state it clearly or in a more indirect way. But i never realized until reading what you wrote that they would be hostile to RTOC as a result. Now I get at least some of the picture, which REALLY HELPS me put these events into proper context.
We will look forward to hearing the more complete story, God willing, after Pascha.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Further, it's a pity that the non-Cyprianite, non-heretical TOCs do not have a reliable reporting service to release sound information.
I had forgotten that Portal-Credo is [ or seems to be ] the instrument of this "Bp" Gregory Lurie.
I wish we could have some substitute ourselves and not have to rely on such jaundiced sources.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

To all:

Please be careful not to engage in Intra-TOC polemics as this is the public forum.

There have been several posts which may have crossed the line.

If the polemics continues, I will have to split this thread.

Maria
Admin.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Priest Siluan

Post by Priest Siluan »

The document which may explain many of what is going on in RTOC in Russia, is already in English:

The reply of the RTOC Synod to a series of questions touched on in addresses by clergy of the Omsk-Siberian Diocese and those sympathizing with them.
http://www.ripc.info/en/documents/doc/i ... n-diocese/