What is the number of Old Calendar anti-ecumenists?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Isaakos
Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin- Discerning the GOC’s.

What is the number of Old Calendar anti-ecumenists?

Post by Isaakos »

What is the approximate number of Old Calendar anti-ecumenists worldwide? 3 million? 4 million? Just trying to get a feel for numbers and distribution.

“What exactly are you here for?”

“…To see with eyes unclouded by hate.”

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: number Old Calendar anti-ecumenists?

Post by Barbara »

Well, do you mean True Orthodox specifically ? Because the MP is Old Calendar and pretends to be
anti-ecumenist, but we all know they are World Orthodox.
So, excluding them, I would say less than a million worldwide. Maybe even less than 500,000 ?
What does anyone else assess the number as ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Well, do you mean True Orthodox specifically ? Because the MP is Old Calendar and pretends to be
anti-ecumenist, but we all know they are World Orthodox.
So, excluding them, I would say less than a million worldwide. Maybe even less than 500,000 ?
What does anyone else assess the number as ?

In Russia alone, the True Orthodox supposedly number in the millions if one were to count the souls in the Metropolia under Met. Raphael, the members of the RTOC, and the members of the ROAC. Then there are the ROCA or ROCOR-A.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Not millions. ROAC have about 20 parishes and RTOC have about 20 parishes. Some parishes have very little people. One of the most bog parishes is open Chruch in Mosocw of ROAC with Father Michail Ardov. THey have about 200 communions on Pasha in last year. Every chistian communed in that service. So average we can count about 100 people in every parish (I think it is less in reality).

(20+20)*100=4000 people. This is about the number of people in ROAC and RTOC. Raphail is appriximately the same size and ROCA is small. Also we can find some small groups in Russia .
So total is about 10 000 people maximum.
If count ROCOR-A that it will make exta 10 000 or less.
So maximum 20 000 in Russia, Ukraine and Belarussa including Kiprianits.

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

Not millions. ROAC have about 20 parishes and RTOC have about 20 parishes. Some parishes have very little people. One of the most bog parishes is open Chruch in Mosocw of ROAC with Father Michail Ardov. THey have about 200 communions on Pasha in last year. Every chistian communed in that service. So average we can count about 100 people in every parish (I think it is less in reality).

(20+20)*100=4000 people. This is about the number of people in ROAC and RTOC. Raphail is appriximately the same size and ROCA is small. Also we can find some small groups in Russia .
So total is about 10 000 people maximum.
If count ROCOR-A that it will make exta 10 000 or less.
So maximum 20 000 in Russia, Ukraine and Belarussa including Kiprianits.

Thank you for this information.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

No ROAC has 60 parishes, see the letter of Theodore of Souzdal to Vladimir Putin.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

I do not think about 60 parishes. Only about 20 are known in real life, and some of them are very little.

But if we take 60*100 it will make 6000.

And parishes of RTOC are here: http://catacomb.org.ua/modules.php?name ... ge&pid=396
See the red titles for names of the parishes. Only the first part is Russia and Ukraine, there are 17 Russian and Ukraine parishes in this list.

I study English, forgive my mistakes.