A complete listing: True/Traditional Orthodox Christians

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: A complete listing: True/Traditional Orthodox Christians

Post by Maria »

Has Bishop Evloghios of the Synod of Milan become a Name-Worshipper? That would be a problem for Met. John of the Metropolia.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Maria wrote:

Has Bishop Evloghios of the Synod of Milan become a Name-Worshipper? That would be a problem for Met. John of the Metropolia.

I have never, not even once, heard Met. Evloghios accused of name worship.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:
Maria wrote:

I have never, not even once, heard Met. Evloghios accused of name worship.

Thank you. This is wonderful news.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Since there is no problem with this communion, I think both Metropolitans Rafail and Evloghios should be listed under the GOC-A as sister churches.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Is there any encyclical or official synod statement of Met. Evloghios that tells of his repentance and reception back into communion with the True Orthodox? Once that is provided, then he will be properly listed here.

The position of Met. Rafail of Moscow needs to be clarified in lieu of the stories from Russia that his synod has been disbanded and that he is in communion with the defrocked bishop Lourie. Again, is there any encyclical or official synodal statement that proves conclusively that Met. Rafail is back in good graces and no longer in communion with Lourie. Or has Lourie repented?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:

Is there any encyclical or official synod statement of Met. Evloghios that tells of his repentance and reception back into communion with the True Orthodox? Once that is provided, then he will be properly listed here.

The position of Met. Rafail of Moscow needs to be clarified in lieu of the stories from Russia that his synod has been disbanded and that he is in communion with the defrocked bishop Lourie. Again, is there any encyclical or official synodal statement that proves conclusively that Met. Rafail is back in good graces and no longer in communion with Lourie. Or has Lourie repented?

For some reason, when I try to go to Sister Churches section on the website, it says it’s currently down. Perhaps they’re adding to it? Bishop Irineos would know more about this than me.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Justice wrote:

For some reason, when I try to go to Sister Churches section on the website, it says it’s currently down. Perhaps they’re adding to it? Bishop Irineos would know more about this than me.

It seems to be working fine for me.