Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Information, news stories, and questions about traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from a True Orthodox jurisdiction. Do NOT post polemics here! Please PM admin for access to private polemics forum.

Moderators: Maria, phpBB2 - Administrators

NotChrysostomYet
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Postby NotChrysostomYet » Wed 11 October 2017 8:17 pm

Since Cyril Lucaris was glorified in 2009 by the Patriarchate of Alexandria I figured it would be worth asking. *shrug*

Justice
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: GOC-A

Re: Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Postby Justice » Wed 11 October 2017 8:19 pm

NotChrysostomYet wrote:Since Cyril Lucaris was glorified in 2009 by the Patriarchate of Alexandria I figured it would be worth asking. *shrug*

I wouldn't think so as he sought to bring in Calvanistic ideas in the Eastern Orthodox Church. None of the TOCs have discussed him to my knowledge.

NotChrysostomYet
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Re: Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Postby NotChrysostomYet » Wed 11 October 2017 8:22 pm

Justice wrote:
NotChrysostomYet wrote:Since Cyril Lucaris was glorified in 2009 by the Patriarchate of Alexandria I figured it would be worth asking. *shrug*

I wouldn't t think so as he sought to bring in Calvanistic ideas in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

A council acquitted him. I would generally agree with historians on such matters, but sometimes the Orthodox Church has taken a different stance.

Justice
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: GOC-A

Postby Justice » Wed 11 October 2017 8:25 pm

NotChrysostomYet wrote:
Justice wrote:

I wouldn't t think so as he sought to bring in Calvanistic ideas in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

A council acquitted him. I would generally agree with historians on such matters, but sometimes the Orthodox Church has taken a different stance.

The Traditional Orhodox Church wouldnt glorify him as he was an ecumenist to some degree and condemned. Though I'm not surpriesed that the Patriarchate of Alexandria cannonized him, sounds like they did it to get closer to the Protestant churches.

Return to “Traditional Orthodox Churches”