Bishop Matthew on Frequent Communion

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Isaakos
Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin- Discerning the GOC’s.

Re: Bishop Matthew on Frequent Communion

Post by Isaakos »

Lydia wrote:

I have been recently reading some things about Metropolitan Kyrikos regarding communion. Although he came from the same synod he seems to have completely discarded Bishop Matthew's position.
He seems to believe that frequent communion is a bad thing for the laity, and makes it very difficult to approach the Holy Mysteries. Very strange.

I have heard that too, but the Kirykite priest I asked about it said it is not true. So what is definitely true is that the teaching of the Kollyvades fathers on frequent communion was definitely maintained in the GOC since the majority of the clergy were all Athonite Hieromonks.

Blessed is the man who has volunteered to hold and keep until the end of his life our holy Orthodox faith, the faith of the one Church of Christ and our mother, the Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Archbishop Matthew Karpathakis