Matins and Vespers during Apostle's fast

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Matins and Vespers during Apostle's fast

Post by Jean-Serge »

The Apostole's fast is about to begin. I am wondering what is the structure of matins and vespers during this period according to the different typikons, let's say Saint Sabbas and Violakis.

I read in the Order of Divine services according to usage of the Russian Orthodox Church by Peter Fekula and Matthew Williams the following instructions : "If there be no special feast, according to the Typikon we sing Alleluia... in the tone of the week as well as the Hymns of the Trinity. We make prostrations with the Prayer of Saint Ephrem according to the rite of Great Lent. There is no liturgy on this day"

This looks like weekday matins service structure but the book does not say how are conducted vespers, just like during great lent too? So this would be the instructions according to Saint Sabbas typikon. Is it so in all Saint Sabbas typikons?

I checked then in the Violakis typikon translated from Arabic. It gives no specific instructions of this case, which supposes vespers and matins during the Apostle's fasts are conducted like daily vespers and matins.

Could someone help... By the way, I think it would be time to have a edition of Saint Sabbas typikon translated into a Western language.

Last edited by Maria on Sat 29 June 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected title (misspelling)

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.