Saint Maria of Gatchina or Matushka Maria Gatchinskaya

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

robb7thurston

Saint Maria of Gatchina or Matushka Maria Gatchinskaya

Post by robb7thurston »

Christ is amongst us! Glorify Him!
Dear in Christ;
For a very long time I have received consollations from Matushka Maria Gatchinskaya, and so I could not calm myself when i heard that her relics were molested by the MP. I wanted some proof of what was happening, however, and found it recently.
Her icon was initially written by the Catacomb Church, and can be seen here: please scroll down all the way to the bottom:
p-alexey.mylivepage.ru/image/index.
Now see what the MP has produced.
Мария Гатчинская

• [ Translate this page ]
    Мария Гатчинская (в миру Лидия Александровна Лелянова). Житие святой и обретение ее мощей.
    history-gatchina.ru/article/mariagat.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    More results from history-gatchina.ru »
    One immediately notices that the expression is modified, and that the hands and the cross have exchanged positions. Why do this, why molest her relics and why molest her icon?
    There can be only one answer. A local Orthodox Christian has explained, she is a tourist attraction, so money is made. Judas made money also.
    Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us all, amen!
    Finally, the proof is before you, but I am not an iconographer. can any learned soul tell me if there are defects in the MP icon? ADVISE.
    In Christ and in your service,
    Robb