Can I go to Athos?

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

joasia,

forgive me for my behavior. I haven't been myself lately. I'm not usually like this at all. I love you as a sister in Christ. And I ask that everyone just ignore me and don't pay attention to anything I say. I won't be here much longer. Clearly the devil has come here and has been working through me to sow discord. He is obviously bothered by the traditional stand and love evidenced here.

I ask all readers forgive me if I have ever sinned against you in word, deed or thought. Thank you.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Euthymios

We all have struggles. You asked if I ever suffered for the faith. Yes...I did and still do.

You are not the only one that thinks about being a monastic. So maybe, we can all help each other.

The people here are quite nice. You'll have some that just want to argue, but the rest do care about having a spiritual conversation.

I've visited other sites and they seem bland and shallow. Plus, they are predominently new calendar.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Philoteus

Re: Can I go to Athos?

Post by Philoteus »

You must give up your American citizenship. State Greek Government says so. Stay home. They are New Calendarists.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

test

Aristokles
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Post by Aristokles »

Philoteus wrote:

You must give up your American citizenship. State Greek Government says so. Stay home. They are New Calendarists.

Probably correct on citizenship but I think you err on the calendar.