Videos of St. Catherine's Monastery

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

drewmeister2
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Videos of St. Catherine's Monastery

Post by drewmeister2 »

I found some great videos of St. Catherine's Monastery in Sinai the first was produced by Getty, and I think the other two by PBS.

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

I saw a video of this monasetery welcoming the pope. I don't recommend Saint Catherine's. I think the holysynodinresistence (the Cyprian people) have that video somewhere.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

What do you mean that you don't recommend St. Catherine's?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

How can I when they're under the partriacrhs and welcomed the pope with hugs. I saw this with my own eyes on video.

Traditionalists ask us to be faithful to tradition and the Fathers, then when we do they act like we're crazy.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

I cliked on the links and it brought me to a bunch of videos that have nothing to do with Orthodoxy.

Euthymios

A very good friend of mine has gone to St. Catherine's many times. He knows all the the monks there. He brought me a piece of the holy rock of the Burning Bush. The same rock that Moses walked on. I have a piece of that rock. Do you?

Be careful what judgements you make because you did not live there and you have never spoken with a person that has visited there. Your view is very ignorant.

Stop being so opinionated and start listening.

I'm not saying to ignore what Orthodox people do, but don't condemn a place because of men's actions. Otherwise, you will have to condemn Jersualem too. Stop judging!

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

Any monastery that welcomes a pope or heretics, is not a monastery I want anything to do with. I saw the actual video footage of this action. Saint Paul tells us to "test all things" (2Thess.5?) Christ praised the church of Epheses in the book of Revelation for exposing false "apostles" (Rev.2). We are to judge fruit. Christ condemned judging using two different standards. But we are to expose error.

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

Oh and by the way I do condemn Jerusalem. Israel is persecuting Christians. They have outlawed the distribution of New Testaments by Christian ministers. They have outlawed Christmas trees, and they banned the movie The Passion of the Christ, by Gibson. They are clearly antichrists.