Reactions against ecumenists from Mt Athos

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Myrrh

Post by Myrrh »

Aghh.. didn't see this. Sorry, I've been away and forgot that we've got two thread going on it.

I'm amazed, I thought there were some monks in the other monasteries who didn't support the EP, but that this could be more widespread has come as a shock - I think I've been buying into all the propaganda that the other monasteries support what happening to Esphigmenou.

Myrrh

strastnaya

Post by strastnaya »

To the Holy Abbots and the Holy Representatives of the Sacred Twenty Monasteries

It is very interesting to note that nowhere are these non-commemorating fathers setting up there own jursidiction, consecrating their own bishops, or fleeing off in hysteria to a more pure "church".
Also interesting is that these other "world-Orthodox" monastics are supporting the brethren of Espigmenou in their struggles against the politics and interference of the EP.
But aren't they in the EP? How can they remain under the EP?
Interesting how things do not procede in black and white as much as some schismatics would like?
Deacon John

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

It is very interesting to note that nowhere are these non-commemorating fathers setting up there own jursidiction, consecrating their own bishops, or fleeing off in hysteria to a more pure "church".
Also interesting is that these other "world-Orthodox" monastics are supporting the brethren of Espigmenou in their struggles against the politics and interference of the EP.
Interesting how things do not procede in black and white as much as some schismatics would like?
Deacon John

Deacon John,

The history of the struggle of Esphigmenou would certainly be worth studying.

A couple of relative facts...
The other "worldly Orthodox" monasteries are NOT supporting them in-so-far as they are supporting or winking at Bartholomews efforts. If they did support Esphigmenou, then they would stop Bartholomew's invasion of the Holy Mountain, since it is in fact self-ruling and not Bartholomew's in the least bit.

The only people "running off" and forming their own "jurisdictions", indeed, their own faith, are the "world Orthodox". Esphigmenou is with the bishops of the GOC.

Deacon John, Orthodoxy is a faith, the faith, which is ruled over by God and whose unchanging face is reflected in its bishops. "Orthodoxy" is not a title of an organization or club, where people can sign documents stating other faiths, because by doing so, they are destroying the one criteria which makes them Orthodox; in essence they depart from the faith. This is what has happened to the haughty Latins, who every step of the way mocked and ridiculed us as "schismatics" until even this day. But as it is, they are not only schismatics, but also heretics. And these world "orthodox" leaders who sign documents of heresy, are not just schismatics, they too are also heretics.

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

The servants of antichrist are becoming ever more vigilant in their attempts to force the elect into believing that darkness is light and that falsehood is truth. The Ecumenists on this forum can sneer all they want and it won't change the faith of the True Orthodox one iota. My faith will never be the faith of the Ecumenists. I would rather be dead.

I would rather listen to the teachings of the Fathers than sentimentalism or sarcasm from people who believe heresy does not separate one from God, or that sins against nature are appropriate.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

strastnaya wrote:

To the Holy Abbots and the Holy Representatives of the Sacred Twenty Monasteries

Deacon John

Dear Fr. John,

It is interesting to note something that I myself wasn't aware of until recently. The noncommemorating majority of the hermits on Mt. Athos do not commemmorate any particular bishop. They simply commemmorate "all right-believing Orthodox hierarchs." Apparently this is how it has always been. I believe this is because of the isolatedness of these anchorites, who are living a life of noetic prayer and austerity. They don't have the time or the resources to keep up with the mess the Ecumenists have made, from sending moles into the True Orthodox Church to create new schisms every month.

The Fathers who sent this letter of protest to the ruling monasteries were among the minority of commemmorating hermits and sketes who have now joined the non-commemmorators.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Who noticed this letter from some monks in Mount Athos. It was their second letter after the January one. They blamethe abbots for their weakeness in front of Phanar apostasy.

http://www.synodinresistance.org/Theolo ... losA11.pdf

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.