Assault on Mount Athos by Homosexual Groups!

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Assault on Mount Athos by Homosexual Groups!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

These links will be disturbing but when searching for info on Mount Athos I found that these firms are making vacations for active homosexuals that include going to Mount Athos and communing in the monasteries after their other "activities"! If I had not read this myself, I would have never believed this!

{Link 1}

{Link 2}

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Fri 28 April 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

Interesting note.............

They don't tell you which monasteries......
You can't even write....

Katya

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Ekaterina wrote:

Interesting note.............

They don't tell you which monasteries......

Katya

f.w.i.w.:

"Our route for these three days will depend upon the decision of the Holy Community and the monasteries as to where we are to be received and lodged."

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Yeah, they shouldn't sneak in. They should realise that they'd be happier just being who they are, regardless of what other people say. :)

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

we must prepare properly for The Most Holy Mysteries ,and unfortunately being homosexual is far from being properly prepared...
I dont see a problem with gays visiting , they might get turned around and see God`s love...

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Yes, if there is one thing that traditional Orthodox are good at, it's showing love to those unlike themselves :roll:

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

I'm not going to get into another lesson on how this sick society equates "love" with acceptance of everything and anything - specifically with regard to "traditional" Orthodoxy. It is not so much that people even fail to understand that, but it is just so convenient make such ridiculous stereotypes as "traditionalists are not loving" in order to have at least some argument.

But with regards to the subject of this thread: Homosexuality is a perversion of God's design and will. Homosexuals are the same kind of perverts as child molesters, one finds pleasure in the same sex, another finds pleasure in sex with children (and some even with animals). The only difference is that one involves a partner that becomes a victim of his own ignorance and immaturity - and therefore his "rights" are violated - and this is a "rights" worshipping society. So society labels one as being "orientated" differently, and the other a pervert and puts him in jail. The fact is, they are both equally perverts.

So when these people organize themselves into a self-congratulating group of perverts with the expressed aim of exploring their sexual perversions in a place where "only other men are allowed" - well, I hope the monks don't give them any chance to desecrate any part of the Holy Mountain, and give them the boot in an ungratuitous manner. We are not concerned with men's laws, which is just an artificial system to prevent the total breakdown in society; we are concerned with God's laws, which are normal and are based on man's perfection.