The Lesna Monastery needs a new furnace!...

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: The Lesna Monastery needs a new furnace!...

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

Thank you, Barbara, and congratulations on the feast of the Transfiguration! And congratulations to everyone else on the forum, too! The summer is always pretty busy here, but besides the usual work and financial worries, I haven't been well. I ask for everyone's prayers, as I'm going for tests tomorrow to determine the cause of a heart condition that I've developed. Thank you, everyone, in advance!

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

m. Evfrosinia wrote:

Thank you, Barbara, and congratulations on the feast of the Transfiguration! And congratulations to everyone else on the forum, too! The summer is always pretty busy here, but besides the usual work and financial worries, I haven't been well. I ask for everyone's prayers, as I'm going for tests tomorrow to determine the cause of a heart condition that I've developed. Thank you, everyone, in advance!

Lord have mercy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Sorry I was gone for a couple days.

This is distressing to hear, Mother Evfrosinia !
Tell us what happened with the tests.

But don't forget, too, that sometimes tests are unreliable> So if you were told something
not so good, it might be totally WRONG!

My instinct is that you are fine !

But please keep us updated. Perhaps results have not been returned.

And hope you had a good Transfiguration despite the worry over that !

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Waiting to hear about Mother Evfrosinia.
Hope she comes back to tell us.

Meanwhile, praying this Feast of the Dormition for the very best result : all problems, health and other [financial -furnace etc./
imprisonment of Fr Alexander, persecution of St Petersburg and all parishes in Russia and America ]
facing her, the Convent, and all sincere Orthodox especially True Orthodox, to
vanish by the intercession of the Most Holy Mother of God !

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Still waiting, with concern, to hear from Mother Evfrosinia.
I have been thinking of her, and hoping that she is not going through the medical nightmare documented in the thread below,
in Miscellaneous !

It was the Lesna Icon Day on Elevation of the Cross, I think ? At least according to one calendar.

Best wishes for Mother Evfrosinia and all the Convent nuns !

Hope the furnace funding drive is going well.

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

Thank you Barbara, for your concern. We are celebrating our patronal feast, of the Lesna Icon, this Sunday, as well as the 20th anniversary of the elevation of our beloved Matushka Macrina to Abbess. We are expecting around 200 guests. Because of all the preparations, the furnace drive has been on hold. So far we've raised about 1000 euros-- not very encouraging. After the feast is over I shall get back on to that project, to do more publicity and to try to get some more support for the monastery.
In the meantime, I ask everyone's prayers, that everything goes well for the feast. Besides the celebration, on Saturday morning there will be an ordination to the priesthood of our Fr. Deacon Gregory from Barcelona, for our parish there.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

m. Evfrosinia wrote:

Thank you Barbara, for your concern. We are celebrating our patronal feast, of the Lesna Icon, this Sunday, as well as the 20th anniversary of the elevation of our beloved Matushka Macrina to Abbess. We are expecting around 200 guests. Because of all the preparations, the furnace drive has been on hold. So far we've raised about 1000 euros-- not very encouraging. After the feast is over I shall get back on to that project, to do more publicity and to try to get some more support for the monastery.
In the meantime, I ask everyone's prayers, that everything goes well for the feast. Besides the celebration, on Saturday morning there will be an ordination to the priesthood of our Fr. Deacon Gregory from Barcelona, for our parish there.

Thank you, Mother, for your update. I hope you will get enough money before the hard winter sets in.

Axios to Fr. Deacon Gregory on his upcoming ordination.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.