Jordanville Prayer Book

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
stephendaniel
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROAC - Catechumen

Jordanville Prayer Book

Post by stephendaniel »

Good afternoon,

I'm currently looking into purchasing a prayer book and I'm very interested in the Jordanville Prayer Book. However, I'm concerned about the new editions vs. the old one.

Is there any theological or significant differences between the two? I found one from 1960, but would it be okay to purchase a newer edition?

Thank you for you assistance.

filofei

Re: Jordanville Prayer Book

Post by filofei »

Dear Stephen Daniel:

You need not be apprehensive about purchasing the new edition for in it there are no post-rapprochement theological or doctrinal deviations. I've compared my 1995 Slavonic ROCA prayer book(printed in Moscow) with the latest Jordanville edition and noticed they are almost identical in order and content. Most Orthodox prayer books conform to a universal format (within certain parameters). So long as you go with the more or less complete Jordanville prayer book rather than the over-abridged Antiochian or Greek Orthodox Archdiocese edition, you shouldn't lose sleep over this.