Lives of the Saints?

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
stephendaniel
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROAC - Catechumen

Lives of the Saints?

Post by stephendaniel »

Hello, I was wondering if there was any particular edition of the Lives of the Saints anyone would recommend? I do not know where to start. It is for someone very close to me, new to Orthodoxy, skeptical but open; I figured it would be best for her to read about people who were true examples of the true Christian faith.

Thank you so much.

ANGELA

Re: Lives of the Saints?

Post by ANGELA »

Hi,

The ones I would recommend would be "The Lives of the Saints" published by Holy Apostles Convent .

Post Office Box 3118
Buena Vista, CO 81211.

There are a series and they are highly recommended.

Thanks
Angela

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

The Holy Apostles Convent have wonderful books. But, perhaps you can search on the internet and find a particular saint that would help your friend. There are so many Orthodox websites. Let God guide you. And may I add that if your friend has a particular issue about an aspect of the faith, then we can find a story of a saint that dealt with that.

But, for starters, if you want true Christian faith, then at this time of year, I would suggest St. Nicholas of Myra. He is loved by all. And she could be exposed to the true story of St. Nick. And to follow along on that thought, if it's difficult to choose, then why not give her the life of the saint of that day. God will speak to her, in His own way.

These are just a few suggestions.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

joasia wrote:

But, for starters, if you want true Christian faith, then at this time of year, I would suggest St. Nicholas of Myra. He is loved by all. And she could be exposed to the true story of St. Nick.

Life of Saint Nicholas by St. Dimitry of Rostov

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia