New Book dealing with 1054 Schism and Intercommunion

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
catholicdogma

New Book dealing with 1054 Schism and Intercommunion

Post by catholicdogma »

Hi!

I recently read a "new book" that deals with the so-called lifting of the Anathemas of 1054 by Paul VI and Athenagoras I.

The book is called: Communicatio in Sacris by William DeTucci.

It has direct well-documented quotes from the Latin and Greek Fathers.

Funny, it calls Fr. George's book: "I Confess One Baptism" -- Heretical!

And, it deals with the variations within the Traditionalist Movements in Roman Catholicism calling them Schismatic!

Here is a link to the book:

http://www.lulu.com/content/1431544

Felt I needed to write this brief informal review.

Thanks!

Larry

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

How sad.

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

"ny, it calls Fr. George's book: "I Confess One Baptism" -- Heretical! "

My Response: In the Orthodox Church, one mans heresy is another man's orthodoxy. Everyone has a darn opinion and they split over the dumbest things. I'm really getting tired of this people. Enough is enough. I have remained silent for years but I'm tired of this.

There's no centralized monolithic authority in Orthodoxy and thus no unity. This is why I was tempted to go Roman Catholic last year.

There is far too much pride. Everyone has to have their own opinion and whole churces split over them.

They don't care about the little man and the layman and the harm they cause us.

Orthodoxy is rapidly turning into a type of protestant system of vast diversity.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Euthymios wrote:

"ny, it calls Fr. George's book: "I Confess One Baptism" -- Heretical! "

My Response: In the Orthodox Church, one mans heresy is another man's orthodoxy. Everyone has a darn opinion and they split over the dumbest things. I'm really getting tired of this people. Enough is enough. I have remained silent for years but I'm tired of this.

There's no centralized monolithic authority in Orthodoxy and thus no unity. This is why I was tempted to go Roman Catholic last year.

There is far too much pride. Everyone has to have their own opinion and whole churces split over them.

They don't care about the little man and the layman and the harm they cause us.

Orthodoxy is rapidly turning into a type of protestant system of vast diversity.

Yawn. If you got away from sectarians you'd know it's not that bad....