THE SECRET

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

joasia wrote:

That's just nasty. Bad form. But, not surprising coming from someone who opposes Christ.

First of all, do you know what I am referring to? Since, you know, you only read the Fathers. :P

We have a disconnect here. Just because I oppose how man, through religion, has corrupted Christ, that does not mean that I oppose Christ.

But I suppose this nuance will be a little hard for someone who has the discerning powers of a teaspoon.

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Tom,

How else are we suppose to understand your post? Your comment oozes of sarcasm of those who want to make spiritual expressions.

You know that. So why the game?

Plus, you told me you don't believe that Jesus is God. I haven't forgotten that comment. But, if you were just joking, then you are more of a spoon than I, perhaps a doorknob. Because to make a statement like that, even to joke, is far more detrimental to your judgement when you die. That is a grave mistake...to make a comment like that.

Speaking against God, even as a joke to tease someone, will be called to judgement when you die. You are not helping your situation.

We have entered the Nativity Lent. If you are a believer, then let it reflect in your posts. We try to talk about issues in a spiritual context, but if you just want to sling sarcasms, then I think the moderators should consider giving you some time off.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

"The Secret" comes from the Occultic practitioner Napolean Hill. He was an avowed Occultist. He claims to have received his information from Ascended Masters. The "Masters" theory comes directly from Theosophy, which has its roots in Gnosticism.