A MUST-SEE Movie!

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

I saw it in Boston. It was pretty good...nothing too incredible really, but nice to watch with a cast of almost 1000 and filmed at the hermitage. Seemed sympathetic to the monarchy too...which is good.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I went up to MA to watch it too.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

W
A
R
N
I
N
G
!

The flip-flopping through time was confusing to me and I felt unnecessary, but my daughter understood it well enough it seems. My daughter just adores the royal family, so that was her favorite part, which I enjoyed too, but the ending 10-15 minutes were great for me, seeing all those actors and actresses in the period dress in the Hermitage, just showing how HUGE it truly is. Wow! /\

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

I went to Pittsfield to see it I think I was the only person there under 60. :o has anyone else seen it or will be seeing it soon?

Natasha
Sr Member

Hmm..

Post by Natasha »

I hope you did not feel too uncomfortable. Unfortunately, too many people these days have no interest in history or art for that matter.

Natasha
Sr Member

Russian Ark

Post by Natasha »

My family and I are going to see it today. It wasn't on the list to play in my area, so imagine my surprise when I heard it being advertised on the local NPR station.

Hmm, for some reason I think we will be the only ones in the theater today. :lol:

Natasha
Sr Member

RE:

Post by Natasha »

I am glad that we went to see the movie, however, I had an experience similiar to Julianna's...there were a few other people in the theater..but they were all 65+! I kept wondering if there were some kind of unadvertised AARP discount...

Anyways, fantastic movie...I feel like you could watch it a few times and still catch new things in the scenes....

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

An updated list of where it is playing and when is now available at http://www.wellspring.com/movies/in_the ... movie_id=3