Books To Sell or Trade

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Justin Kissel

Books To Sell or Trade

Post by Justin Kissel »

I'm not sure what the forum policy is about such posts, but if it needs to be done, just delete this ;)

Basically, I thought It'd be interesting to have a thread on books that people would be willing to sell or trade. I made up a list tonight of books I'm trying to sell, though I'm going to give away many more than are on the list (so if there's a Protestant author you're interested in, ask, and maybe I'll have him/her). I'm essentially getting rid of most of my non-Orthodox books, so I'm trying to get whatever I can for them.

I think it'd also be cool if books that people wanted could be put on here as well. That way, if someone has it and they've already read it, maybe something can be worked out between them. (unfortunately, most of the books that I want I doubt people would have, such as Saint Justin Popovich's book on Saint Photius's work on the Holy Spirit). Anyway, if you have some to sell/trade, or some you really wanna get ahold of and are perhaps willing to buy or trade for, here's the thread to do it on.

Last edited by Justin Kissel on Tue 25 February 2003 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

An idea.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Justin, actually I have need to do the same thing. getting rid of my old Catholic books, as my Orthodox books have finally pushed them out on the book case.

However, have you considered selling them on eBay? You may end up finding someone that is willing to pay more for your bundles that way. Just a thought.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Nicholas

That's a good suggestion, /\ I'll definately have to try Ebay as well. It hadn't even occured to me (which is strange since I bought a dozen or so books on Ebay last year).

Brother Nicholas

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Sell books??? Sell books??? You must be mad! :mrgreen:

Seraphim Reeves

Unfortunately

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Unfortunately my library of Orthodox books is still quite small. Like Nicholas, I still have a decent number of RC books (I gave most of the ones I once had to family members who wanted them.) However, as for the RC books that remain, I think I'm going to keep the major part of them (since they're more source materials, and good references regarding what the RCC officially taught, and now teaches... things like the Catechism of Trent, Denzinger's, or the New RC Catechism.)

Seraphim

Brother Nicholas

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Well, the powers that be may go ahead and pull this, but as a favor to my Orthodox Brothers and Sisters, I am going to shamelessly plug the bookstore at Monastery Products which can be found in the Cafe Portal. Having worked there for three years, I can tell you that Fr. Parthenios has bargains galore that are there for the asking (and a little bit of money :mrgreen: ) Seriously though folks, not only does he have great bargains, but he is generally a great source of information regarding these books since he doesn't carry anything but that which he is sure of regarding proper Orthodox content. After three years there, you can believe that I left there a poorer man than when I entered. This has always been my downfall whenever I found myself working in a place that coincided with my interests. Back when I worked in a professional camera store I wound up having to take on a second job just to pay the difference in I.O.Us that signing over my paycheck didn't cover. :mrgreen: Anyway, I digress. Check them out and tell him Br. Nicholas sent you! :wink:

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Br. Nicholas

Sell books??? Sell books??? You must be mad!

That's normally how I feel, but that is perhaps a good reason in itself to sell books from time to time. It won't help to be free from the greed of money if I just transfer my greed onto another worldly thing (e.g., books). It's a good thing to deny oneself sometimes... even of a thing as fabulous as books. :)

(Though... many of the books I'm getting rid of aren't exactly "fabulous" ).

Justin

PS. With all the stuff that's been happening of late, I've lost all interest in trying to sell them... I may just offer them to the Public Library.