Books To Sell or Trade

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Brother Nicholas

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Actually, I have pretty much divested myself of everything except my Orthodox library, and my computer repair reference library. I suppose that there are a very few other odd volumes that were given as gifts and thus have a sentimental value but that's it. Pretty amazing when I consider the amount of books I once had. The problem is that when it comes to Orthodox books, it's not like you can go down to your local library and borrow a volume. I'm willing to wager that many Orthodox Churches in this country don't have what one would call large libraries, so we don't have much choice in the matter other than to acquire our own.

Bethany

Post by Bethany »

Have you thought of donating your books? When we became Orthodox, we had a library of over 1,500 Protestant titles. We literally had a library in our basement. We donated them to a school.... I'm not sure of the name, but there are ALWAYS religious colleges, and even non-religious colleges looking for these books to be used as reference material. We had a book appraiser come in and appraise them, then we donated them and it was a tax write-off.