Three Trojan Horses: Insider Attempts to Disorient the Orthodox

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Three Trojan Horses: Insider Attempts to Disorient the Orthodox

Post by Maria »

Will these members of World Orthodox take this to the next level and join with the True Orthodox?

Or will they continue the "elder worship" of the EP and the MP?

I have provided several excerpts from this article which may be viewed in its entirety at: http://www.aoiusa.org/three-trojan-hors ... -orthodox/

Originally published by Touchstone Magazine

By Fr. Alexander F.C. Webster

The benighted Pan-Orthodox Council in Crete in June 2016 reminded Orthodox Christians that the rock of Orthodox faith and practice has been splitting for decades. The fissures are particularly evident among the approximately one million Orthodox Christians in the United States. ...

What is unconventional about the tone of the conflict is the aggressive ad hominem rhetoric of the avant-garde toward those who insist on unwavering fidelity to Orthodox Tradition. ...

The first Trojan Horse is the increasing tendency of Orthodox leftists to mimic Hilary Clinton’s infamous “basket of deplorables” insult of September 9, 2016, against half of her opponent’s supporters. In this case the epithets are born of theological instead of political enmity. ...

The expletive of choice among the Orthodox left appears to be “fundamentalist.” ...

That moderns-versus-ancients meme also undergirds the second Trojan Horse: a full embrace of “secularization,” while ostensibly rejecting “secularism.” ...

The third Trojan Horse may be the most spiritually dangerous of all.

The emergent Zeitgeist of sexual disorder, confusion, and libertinism that first appeared in America in the 1960s has become the dominant social ethical ideology. Who could have imagined that any Orthodox clergyman or theologian would enlist in such a movement? Alas, the ranks are growing, it seems, with each passing year. ...

And the mud-slinging is on at Facebook in particular, where World Orthodox are quick to label True Orthodox as "fundamentalists," etc. Yes, I have seen this already.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Three Trojan Horses: Insider Attempts to Disorient the Orthodox

Post by Maria »

I am relocating two posts that really belong in another thread which is located in World Orthodoxy.

Maria,
Admin.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.