Superb book on Romanov Children

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Superb book on Romanov Children

Post by Barbara »

Oh ! Good contribution, Archimandrite ! I appreciate that. One can read between the lines that you don't think much of her !

In this case, I should have written "self-proclaimed expert in Russian history, Helen Rappaport".

Please, inform us of your opinions about her bias or lack of insight. I very MUCH welcome a more learned angle than my everyday studier of historical books on this and other monarchies. However, one really has to know in depth about each author.

Thank you for tipping me off !

I presume you were reading this thread on Holy Royal Martyrs evening. Any other comments ? Have I gotten anything else wrong that bothers you ? Feel free to say.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

In the absence of a reply by the archimandrite, one would have to assume his objection is likely based on the notion that Rappaport is a well-known Jewish surname.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh ! I never realized that for even a second ! Education continues every day
Thanks, Cyprian, to the rescue as so often.

In fact, I did read her earlier book after writing this review. It was all the same stereotypical perspective that I had praised the author here in this thread for having avoided.

It was not such a good book. After that, I was not enthusiastic about her as an author on this topic.