Author Vladimir Moss

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Author Vladimir Moss

Post by NadirGP »

In the last few months, in my search for Orthodoxy, I have been reading a lot of Orthodox literature. I have found some good and some not so good writings. However, among a few Orthodox authors, I came across this writer, Vladimir Moss, whose writing, in my opinion, are very close to the truth.

Now, I am asking to this forum a sincere opinion on the aforementioned author.
This is Vladimir Moss’s website: http://www.orthodoxchristianbooks.com/

Thanks
Nadir

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Re: Author Vladimir Moss

Post by arcmode »

I have read three of his writings, and have found them all to be quite good. One, concerning the great Shism, was very helpful in helping a Catholic relative of mine who is looking at Orthodoxy but had never looked deeply at the history.

I also found what he wrote about Judaism and the Byzantine empire to be refreshingly honest and objective compared to a lot of what passes for scholarship in world orthodoxy and heterodoxy when it comes to that subject.

I have downloaded the first part of his modern history of the Orthodox Church but I have yet to get around to reading it.

He seems sincere, and sticks to the facts, but I do not share all of his conclusions in regards to the Church and where grace is, or is not, and this may point to some bias in what he writes, but with discernment and care, I think any one can benefit from his efforts. I would say he has an attitude of super-correctness, but I wouldn't hold it against him, I have suffered from it also, and I hear he is very Christian in his manner and the way he relates to people. He gives all his work away for free and that is commendable in itself.

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.

NadirGP

Post by NadirGP »

Arcmode,

Thank you very much for your dispassionate and friendly response on Vladimir Moss. I really appreciate it.
God Bless you,
Nadir

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

There is this thread in Intra-TOC Polemics, which contains one of Vladimir Moss' articles:
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... =30&t=9806
You may respond to that thread in Intra-TOC Polemics,
but please do not make any comments here in Book and Media Reviews.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Incidentally, Vladimir Moss is a member on this board.

Here are two more threads in Book and Media Reviews that discuss his writings:

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... =15&t=9494

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 15&t=10066

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

NadirGP

Post by NadirGP »

by Maria » Fri 27 September 2013 5:40 am
There is this thread in Intra-TOC Polemics, which contains one of Vladimir Moss' articles:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9806
You may respond to that thread in Intra-TOC Polemics,
but please do not make any comments here in Book and Media Reviews.

That thread is not good to me, because:

Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Members can discuss V Moss' writings here but they must avoid polemics about his jurisdiction or his views on jurisdictional issues.