The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

Post by Maria »

Okay, I know that a few of you will treat me like toast. However, it is important to know what our young people are reading, as The Dark is Rising: The Complete Sequence, is written for young adults, 12 years and older.

Susan Cooper, the author of this theological fantasy series, originally wrote this series between 1965 to 1977, but has recently renewed the copyright. Upon reading her work, one can see that Susan Cooper's writing style has been heavily influenced by C. S. Lewis, Tolkien, and the Inklings. In fact, the setting of these books occurs largely in the British Isles.

When I first read this series in 2009, I had just obtained my M.A. and had also completed an intensive summer graduate course in Elementary Education: ESL Reading. We had just been evacuated due to the Station Fire in the foothills, so there was little to do but to sit still and read as any kind of exertion with the swirling ash, heat, and smoke was not encouraged. The reviews I had read about Susan Cooper's works were correct. The Dark is Rising held me spell-bound from beginning to end.

However, my second reading this summer, was more of a critical reading. Some folks at OC.net were discussing the Harry Potter Series and the genre of Fantasy and Theological Fantasy, which included the works of C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, James Blish, and Susan Cooper.

Rather than expound on the plot and ruin the story for those who haven't read The Dark is Rising, I would like to discuss some theological implications, and why this series would be appropriate for children as long as they are given guidance along the way.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Re: The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

Post by Cyprian »

Maria,

Most popular book series in recent generations, like this Dark is Rising and Harry Potter, are written by a committee of members of a secret society. I can assure you that these "soccer moms" J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), Stephenie Meyer (Twilight), Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games), etc. are merely front authors, doing the bidding of the Illuminati/Masons, who are the true authors of these worldwide phenomenons.

The same could be said for the writings attributed to Stephen King, Tom Clancy, Ian Fleming, and many others—too many too list. They did not write all those books by themselves—they are mere fronts.

The same secret society behind the Harry Potter novels/films is also behind this series of books The Dark is Rising. The titles alone are very telling indeed. The Dark is Rising refers to Lucifer/Antichrist. Harry Potter is about the Antichrist, as is Twilight, The Hunger Games, etc. The Dark is Rising is very close in title to the The Dark Knight Rises (Batman) which is also about the Antichrist, as is Superman, The Man of Steel (Stalin) and Wonder Woman (Princess Diana) and Iron Man and all the rest of the superheroes.

Since the same secret society is behind all these popular novels, and stories, they are all connected to one another. For example, on Harry Potter's eleventh birthday he is surprised to learn he is a wizard and is recruited and led away to go and learn sorcery and magic at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

In The Dark is Rising, Will's "eleventh birthday marks the beginning of his magical awakening." He is a called a "seeker". Harry Potter is a "seeker" on his Quidditch team at Hogwarts.

Harry Potter is also modeled around Arthurian legend. All these parallels are not coincidental, but deliberately contrived.

All of the major book publishing houses and film studios are in the hands of the Masons. The dissemination of these popular novels are meant to prepare the way for us and our children to accept the son of destruction, the Antichrist.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

How do you know they are members of or work for the Illuminati?

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

As I said, I have been documenting and writing about this for the last couple of years. Some of it I have regularly posted on my Facebook page.

Something this complex is not something that can be explained in a paragraph or a page or two. Proving their culpability would be akin to a lengthy court trial, wherein thousands of witnesses, exhibits, and pieces of evidence would have to be presented, as well as opening and closing arguments.

I am more than willing to provide thousands of pieces of evidence, but there is so much of it, that it would be necessary to narrow it down to something you are familiar with.

If someone tells me the popular novels, films, actors and celebrities, songs, etc. that they are most familiar with, or if they are into sports, such as the Olympic Ceremonies, Super Bowl shows, or what have you, or if they have a specific area of interest, such as 9/11, Chernobyl, Fukushima, or recent wars, ISIS, the Kennedy assassination, the life and death of Princess Diana, the Space Shuttle disasters, the highly publicized mass shootings, volcanic eruptions such as Mount St. Helens, Mt. Pinatubo, El Chichón, Nevado del Ruiz, or hurricanes like Andrew, Mitch, Katrina, Rita, Sandy, etc., various earthquakes around the world, tsunamis, typhoons, flooding, the current snow storms afflicting New England, the so-called "meteor" in Chelyabinsk Russia, Boston Marathon bombings, etc. I can show you how the Illuminati/Masons are behind all of these events.

The Illuminati employs a cabbalistic numerological system (which I have cracked), as well as giving importance to astrological signs, the phases of the luminaries such as the sun and especially the moon, etc.

Birthdays and dates are very important to them, and I have files on thousands of these. Jewish and Christian feast days (including the Patristic calendar) are also important to them, and their attacks are planned around these as well.

It was not a coincidence that 9/11 was on the feast of the beheading of St. John the Baptist on the Patristic calendar, just as it was not a coincidence that the Jewish national day of mourning, Tisha B'Av, literally "the 9th of Av," or the 9th day of the 11th month, i.e. 9/11. The Gulf War, the Iraq War, and the bombing of Libya are connected with the festival of Purim.

The Illuminati always connects their events to one another by numerology and names and dates, signs and symbols etc. Nothing is done in isolation. They are forming a narrative with everything they do. They also make use of name and word associations, and location and geographic associations.

They do everything in plain sight, and nothing is hidden, for those who know how to interpret their signs and symbols.

Since there are so many thousands of events they are involved with, and thousands of dates, and actors and celebrities, you would have to narrow it down for me.

Which national or world events (tragedies, disasters) in history are most important to you, in say, the last 50 years? If you give me a list of your top 5 or 10, I will have something to go on.