TRANSPLANTS AND THE GENERAL RESURRECTION by Vladimir Moss

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: TRANSPLANTS AND THE GENERAL RESURRECTION by Vladimir Mos

Post by Maria »

Here is another article that discusses cellular memory in connection with organ transplants.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-organ-t ... yes-247498

Heart Transplants and Cell Memory

The cell memory phenomenon, while still not considered 100 percent scientifically-validated, is still supported by several scientists and physicians. The behaviors and emotions acquired by the recipient from the original donor are due to the combinatorial memories stored in the neurons of the organ donated. Heart transplants are said to be the most susceptible to cell memory where organ transplant recipients experienced a change of heart. In a study published in the journal of Quality of Life Research, researchers interviewed 47 patients who received a heart transplant over a period of two years in Vienna, Austria. Researchers found that 79 percent of patients did not feel that their personality changed post-surgery, 15 percent experienced a change in personality due to the life-threatening event, and six percent did confirm a drastic change in their personality due to their new heart. While the percentage of personality changes as a result of an organ transplant hints to be insignificant, further research has been done to validate the existence of this concept.

And most interestingly:

Liver Transplant and Blood Type

In a recent case of possible cell memory, Australian girl Demi-Lee Brennan's blood group was changed after receiving a liver transplant from her donor, reports the AFP. Nine months after the initial transplant, doctors discovered that Brennan had changed blood types and she acquired the immune system of the donor due to the stem cells of her new liver transferring over to her bone marrow. "In effect she had had a bone marrow transplant. The majority of her immune system had also switched over to that of the donor," Michael Stormon, a hepatologist who treated Brennan at the Children's Hospital at Westmead, reported to the AFP.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

This is a recent article, published by a TV station this year (2015)

This doctor who was like Dr. Spock before his organ transplant becomes an emotional wreck afterwards while watching any movie. To learn more about this doctor's transformation after his liver transplant, read below:

Ten years ago, Dr. Hagan had a liver transplant after contracting hepatitis C as an ER Physician. He admits he experienced new cravings after the transplant.

"I never ate avocado before; now, I eat an avocado every day," he said. "And before my transplant, I never cared for barbecue things, and after my transplant I really liked barbecue."

Something else changed, too, for the veteran ER doctor who was trained to keep his emotions in check. ... [gotta read further]

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/life/2015/0 ... /22874177/

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Another compilation of organ transplants and their effect on their recipients:

http://www.naturalnews.com/028537_organ ... ories.html

Critics argue that such a phenomenon is not possible, but the proof is in the cases themselves. In one case, a 3-year-old Arab girl received a heart transplant from an 8-year-old Jewish boy who died in a car accident. After her surgery, the girl asked for a type of Jewish candy that, prior to the surgery, she did not even know existed.