Unknown Saints of Western Europe before the papal schism

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Unknown Saints of Western Europe before the papal schism

Post by Matthew »

Maria wrote:

Symeon has been busy raising dead threads from the tomb. :lol:

Thank you, Symeon, for raising some gems to our attention.

Yes, I have. I would like to see things liven up a little. BTW I tried emailing Nicholas Stanochek twice to invite him back to our site, but he doesn't answer. Too bad. He was doing so much contributing with tonnes of interesting info and articles and discussions. But I hear he has left the True Orthodox Faith entirely. So, maybe he would not feel happy here now anyway. I pray he comes back to us.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Icxypion wrote:

I only just checked out this thread now. BTW I am glad to see you on here. You haven't posted anything in a while. Euphrosynos cafe could be such a bustliing place like it used to be 10 or so years ago if everyone contributed more often. I miss the liveliness that we used to have.

I can even barely handle running a few articles a week on NFTU at this point.

In a sense, you have to kind of see working on building the forum as though from scratch. Many of those old people may never come back, but many remember that Euphrosynos was very quiet for a long while, and then it got covered with advertising, and then got cleaned up. What I can tell you from experience is that the way interest is generated as well as better search engine ranking is through more and newer topics and content. I must admit I was impressed to behold that most of the forum sections are now fairly active, so this is a good thing because the more forums are active, the more people will come to them.

As I have mentioned before, I have some philosophical differences with certain aspects of the Cafe (that said, they were apparently planned for a couple of years, and were simply a difference of philosophy on forum administration) but I do support the growth of the Cafe and I believe that all traditional and True Orthodox sites and fora ultimately have very similar goals.

Good luck! You have the right idea with bringing the threads back, and you should also make new ones.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Thank you for the advice about growth and revitalising the forum. I think it will help. :)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Suaiden wrote:
Icxypion wrote:

I only just checked out this thread now. BTW I am glad to see you on here. You haven't posted anything in a while. Euphrosynos cafe could be such a bustliing place like it used to be 10 or so years ago if everyone contributed more often. I miss the liveliness that we used to have.

I can even barely handle running a few articles a week on NFTU at this point.

In a sense, you have to kind of see working on building the forum as though from scratch. Many of those old people may never come back, but many remember that Euphrosynos was very quiet for a long while, and then it got covered with advertising, and then got cleaned up. What I can tell you from experience is that the way interest is generated as well as better search engine ranking is through more and newer topics and content. I must admit I was impressed to behold that most of the forum sections are now fairly active, so this is a good thing because the more forums are active, the more people will come to them.

As I have mentioned before, I have some philosophical differences with certain aspects of the Cafe (that said, they were apparently planned for a couple of years, and were simply a difference of philosophy on forum administration) but I do support the growth of the Cafe and I believe that all traditional and True Orthodox sites and fora ultimately have very similar goals.

Good luck! You have the right idea with bringing the threads back, and you should also make new ones.

Thank you, Deacon Joseph. And a big welcome back to E Cafe. :P

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Father Joseph, will you be putting up all your NFTU radio shows for mp3 download on your site? I don't like streaming because sometimes the feed breaks and reloads and I miss some. Also I can't pause it and it forces me to listen all in one go instead of being able to pause it and take a break.