MENOLOGION 2.0

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justin2

MENOLOGION 2.0

Post by Justin2 »

Has anyone heard of this thing? It's WONDERFUL! You can download it from the St. Anthony's Monastery (Phoenix, AZ) website. It gives you the daily Gospel and Epistle, as well as the, oh, what's the word...troparia(?) for the day (the hymns to the Saints comemorated). You also get the icon of the predominant feast, and you can switch to an icon of one or two of the comemorated Saints. Oh, and the really nice thing about it is that you can set it to either the old or new calendar! I just thought I'd tell someone about this, though, because it's an easy way to read Holy Scripture daily, since, as St. John Chrysostom reminds us:

"Reading the Scriptures is a great means of security against sinning. The ignorance of Scripture is a great clff and a deep abyss; to know nothing of the divine laws is a great betrayal of salvaton. This has given birth to heresies, this has introduced a corrupt way of life."[/b]

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I've heard of it...I used to have it on my old computer...it was nice to use :) and you're right...it's called Troparia :) thanks for the quote too!

MaryCecilia